TV Channel wants Dish Network Complaints

From what I was able to tell this guys wanted his locals and called up to order and was told he needed a SuperDISH.

This is the only thing I can think of.

Its not that his equipment is old, its that he needs a new dish to get the local channels which are on a seperate satellite.

I've already filled a complaint with the BBB today via their website and am also filling one with Iowa's Attorney General today via their website as well. Similair situation to this guy, I've been rescheduled too many times and continue to be re-scheduled without contacting us. I ordred on 12/17 and am now scheduled for 2/22.

bpasker8 said:
I've already filled a complaint with the BBB today via their website and am also filling one with Iowa's Attorney General today via their website as well. Similair situation to this guy, I've been rescheduled too many times and continue to be re-scheduled without contacting us. I ordred on 12/17 and am now scheduled for 2/22.

Have you tried a local retailer?

Mainstreet said:
Have you tried a local retailer?

yeap, everyone in my area either doesn't know they can get the 811's directly from RCA or just doesn't bother and orders them from Dish. And I thought Iowa was moving out of the technology stone age, guess I'm still stuck waiting until Dish realizes I'm one pissed of Iowan who's willing to go to war filling complaints and dragging their name in the mud until I get my service as promised.

Reading the article gave me chills

I love Dish. I have been with them since '97. I even own the stock. But dang, they are messing up big time.

They pulled this with me too. I called to get locals and they said I needed a new receiver and a SuperDish. They only offered a 510 (without mentioning the $5/month fee) and a 301. I needed 2 sets of outputs, so accepted the 510. About a week later I discovered that there was a monthly fee. I called and complained, and they offered me an "811" as compensation for my pain and suffering. And guess what? They NEVER MENTIONED that the 811 came with a $10 per month fee !!!

I am not going to sue them. I have worked it out with CS-executive offices. But if they are still doing this crap to other people ... maybe it's time to think of selling the stock ....

Btw, I STILL don't have the SuperDish ... next estimated installation ... mid-March. Uh huh.

Scott, I agree with you. The issue probably is SuperDish and you should understand that lay people consider this "equipment". I think DishNetwork has national ads that are to vague considering they have different requirements in different markets. Time to add those disclaimers! Where is E*'s legal counsel in reviewing those ads? I've done a few gray area commercials in my time and those were run by the attorneys to get release before air. We felt it was the prudent thing to do.

bpasker8 said:
yeap, everyone in my area either doesn't know they can get the 811's directly from RCA or just doesn't bother and orders them from Dish. And I thought Iowa was moving out of the technology stone age, guess I'm still stuck waiting until Dish realizes I'm one pissed of Iowan who's willing to go to war filling complaints and dragging their name in the mud until I get my service as promised.
Actually, retailers can't just order 811's directly from RCA. RCA has an agreement with DISH and some chain stores - like Wal-Mart and Radio Shack. However, DISH's distributor, Echosphere did ship us some RCA branded 301s this week.

I don't understand how ordering 811's from RCA would make any difference. The RCA 811 and Echostar 811 is the same box. They just have different names stamped on the front.

811's are just in short supply right now.

I took your post to mean that you were a new customer. After looking back over it, it seems that you may be an existing customer upgrading. If that is the case, you need to get the upgrade directly from DISH (you already tried that), or from your original retailer.

While i like dish network, I find the "locals" very comical.

Apparently they just stuck up an antenna in the Seattle area and uplink analog TV via satellite. There is significant ghosting/multipath on a couple of channels. I mean, come on, I could get just as good reception over rabbit ears :rolleyes:

I receive all but 2 local channels, the install techs never even bothered to mention that i'd need another dish for those.

Mainstreet said:
Actually, retailers can't just order 811's directly from RCA. RCA has an agreement with DISH and some chain stores - like Wal-Mart and Radio Shack. However, DISH's distributor, Echosphere did ship us some RCA branded 301s this week.

I don't understand how ordering 811's from RCA would make any difference. The RCA 811 and Echostar 811 is the same box. They just have different names stamped on the front.

811's are just in short supply right now.

I took your post to mean that you were a new customer. After looking back over it, it seems that you may be an existing customer upgrading. If that is the case, you need to get the upgrade directly from DISH (you already tried that), or from your original retailer.

actually I am a new customer, I think I've just been so proactive in dealing with them and hounding them for service that I feel like I've been a customer for 20 years :)

AcuraCL said:
They NEVER MENTIONED that the 811 came with a $10 per month fee !!!
Huh? This is news to me. What's the $10 fee for? It's not a DVR. If it's a second receiver then that's only $4.99. Or do you mean the HD Pack subscription for one year @ $10/mo.?

AndyMon said:
Huh? This is news to me. What's the $10 fee for? It's not a DVR. If it's a second receiver then that's only $4.99. Or do you mean the HD Pack subscription for one year @ $10/mo.?

Yes, I mean the $10/month HD programming fee. The guy never mentioned that you can't activate/deactivate HD channels as you can with HBO, Showtime, etc. You get the 811, you get the programming with the $10/month charge.

They only recently started adding the HD pack to those getting the 811 for $149. If you got your 811 before they started doing this and they never notified you of this then call them and give them hell, even offer to report them to yor states Atty General if they don't remove the charges.

Dish REALLY needs to clean up their act.

You may be thinking of the DVR charge where they are making those with the 510, 522, or 921 pay the DVR charge making the receiver $10 extra for being on the account after the additional outlet fee is charged. I dont know if they are automatically adding the $10 package onto your account if you have the 811 active.

Yup. However, it's only for a year ($110) and does not require you to continue thereafter. That, and the low cost of the receiver still makes for a good deal, IMO. I don't see much point in having the 811 if you don't get HD programming (I know, OTA is good). I wasn't required to sub to HD Pack but did so anyway.
Lastly, I agree that full disclosure of costs is mandatory! Slay the bastards if they don't comply!! :p!sadroll:mad::rainbow

AndyMon said:
Yup. However, it's only for a year ($110) and does not require you to continue thereafter. That, and the low cost of the receiver still makes for a good deal, IMO. I don't see much point in having the 811 if you don't get HD programming (I know, OTA is good). I wasn't required to sub to HD Pack but did so anyway.
Lastly, I agree that full disclosure of costs is mandatory! Slay the bastards if they don't comply!! :p!sadroll:mad::rainbow

Now how is that possible when the Exec. Offices of (the dearly departed) Soraya Cartwright say that the HD programming cannot be "turned off"? Do you get the HD channels free after the first year?

Scott Greczkowski said:
They only recently started adding the HD pack to those getting the 811 for $149. If you got your 811 before they started doing this and they never notified you of this then call them and give them hell, even offer to report them to yor states Atty General if they don't remove the charges.

Dish REALLY needs to clean up their act.

I don't know when they started charging the $10, but I got the receiver around 12/10, and the monthly charge hit right away.

I had a long discussion with a CS Rep at the Exec. Offices and he manually input 6 months of credits for the HD programming. After that, I figured I would have a HDTV and I don't mind paying for programming that I can actually use.

AcuraCL said:
Now how is that possible when the Exec. Offices of (the dearly departed) Soraya Cartwright say that the HD programming cannot be "turned off"? Do you get the HD channels free after the first year?
If they are holding you to a year's commitment, then when that year is up what do you think can happen if you choose to not continue subscribing to the HD Pack??? If they can turn it on then they can turn it off. Kinda like a light switch.
While I'd like to get the channels free after the first year I just don't think that they'll offer me that option. Maybe, if I'm lucky, there'll be 4 or 5 more decent channels in the HD Package making it worth the $10 / mo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)