Heliguy

Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Hawaii
TV Sony KDL 40VL-160
AV Sony STR-DN1000
BD Sony BDP-S360
DVR Dish vip722K

TV will not recognize DVR in HDMI, Dish guy has been out three times and replaced DVR all three times. He could never get remote one to work, got remote two to work finally, but he had lots of problems with it also. DVR is not stable, worked for a few days then TV does not recognize DVR again.

Tried new HDMI cables, same... Tried different types of hook-ups, same...

No problem recognizing AV or BD, work perfectly on any HDMI port, so I don't think its the TV. I think its the DVR firmware, but Dish does not. Although they have no reasonable answer.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank You

I have seen several articles on different forums regarding Sony HDCP compliance issues. I know around here, when Dish first offered 1080p VOD, many problems were reported when it came to some Sonys. However, I have not heard of anyone else with your issue in some time, so I doubt it is firmware. Three DVRs and no go points to your TV. Your fix is to use component instead or have you tried it as well? There is no difference in picture quality:welcome

Thank You,

I have tried it both ways, exact same response. I have a hard time blaming the TV as both the AV receiver and the BD both work perfectly in any HDMI port with the exact same cables. I mean they are just "Devices" same as the DVR, why would this be?

i think there is a HDMI test buried in the menu..(under diagnostics) It will tell you if the hdmi port on the DVR is compatible with the TV

the DVR ( it tests the connection between the 2) i have an older toshiba HDTV that is not HDCP compatible and I had to switch to analog cables (component) to get it to work .. I know its not quite the same issue you are having...

Thank You,
TV is only a couple of months old, Dish guy tried the component cables, he could not get remote one to work that way, only remote two same as HDMI. Remotes work fine with other devices. Is it possible that this could have anything to do with "Bravia Sync"?

Thank You,
TV is only a couple of months old, Dish guy tried the component cables, he could not get remote one to work that way, only remote two same as HDMI. Remotes work fine with other devices. Is it possible that this could have anything to do with "Bravia Sync"?
the input on the TV may need to be enabled (I had a Sony where I had to do that too);)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts