TV Everywhere Trial today

I don't understand. Does this new app do anything the present app doesn't? Does it look or act different? I went to the market and only found the same app I have installed.

It looks like it would connect you to a "dummy" reciever. Almost like "if you had a Sling adapter you could do this". The Android app was last updated Nov 2011 so I don't think this is anything new for us with the Sling adapter or a 922?

Thanks. Now I don't have to screw with my Droid for no reason.

And for anyone thinking about this app, it does work OK but there are a few bugs yet to get swatted. On my Thunderstorm if you lock the phone the app stops. I can't tune in a newscast or a Sirius music channel, put on headphones and drop the phone in my pocket. And the screen doesn't rotate so when my charger is plugged in I can't put it down propped up. Although I did finally rundown an HTC charging cradle I haven't bought it yet.

I tried it and it worked for me and I don't have a sling adapter.

Looks like for the trial - it is connecting you to a dish machine somewhere. Trial only lasts for 24 hours from the time you sign up.

I'm still confused. Is Test Drive for demo'ing what it would be like to have a sling? Or is it a preview of a new upcoming service for streaming directly from a Dish server without ever needing a sling?

I'm still confused. Is Test Drive for demo'ing what it would be like to have a sling? Or is it a preview of a new upcoming service for streaming directly from a Dish server without ever needing a sling?
You could be onto something, interesting no Sling equipment is needed. Since this is or has been in development it makes the Hopper with a Sling adapter obsolete before it launches......or am I missing something?

If this is for real and doesn't require a Sling, then what's the point of me getting one? I guess I'll hold off on getting one. :)

The Test Drive is for customers who want to experience TV Everywhere. We have a number of ViP922 receivers dedicated for the Test Drive. When you sign up for DISH Test Drive, you receive and email with log in information that allows you access to streaming Live TV or DVR content for 24 hours.

The Test Drive is for customers who want to experience TV Everywhere. We have a number of ViP922 receivers dedicated for the Test Drive. When you sign up for DISH Test Drive, you receive and email with log in information that allows you access to streaming Live TV or DVR content for 24 hours.

Finally, some clarity in this thread. This thread was starting to confuse me and make me question why I bought a Sling Adapter. Now I know what's going on. I'll check it out later, don't really need a test drive since I already have Sling :) .

Anyone notice the advertisement on Dish's new site for the TV Everywhere Test Drive?

I just saw this as I was checking out the new site, which I don't care for but that's cause I do not like change.(Except for the Hopper, I cannot wait to make that change:)) Anyway, being as though this test drive allows you to do the things you can do with the Sling adapter without it I can now say for certain that I was right. I have been saying that there was a time that I could access my DVR (broadband connected) to schedule recordings, delete recordings, and yes even watch my recordings all online from any computer. There have been others who agreed they once had this capability and there have been many more that insist this was never a possibility without Sling. These people will claim that it just appeared that way and instead was a link to that program on some other online site and I assure you that was not the case. It is clear as day that the technology exists to do this without a Slingbox and this Test Drive is my proof. Before Dish acquired Sling anyone who had a Broadband Connected Receiver (Model Varying) could do these things. Then as happens often someone realized that money could be made by restricting this access and requiring the purchase of an additional piece of equipment (only available from Dish). Now I know that I will meet much opposition about this, but I know what I know and I know what I could do then and what I cannot do now without the so called necessary adapter. Of course I know that most people do not care and it's not a big deal being as though you can purchase an adapter for the low price of $30 these days, but still it's the principal of the matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts