Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just received word that Dish just began testing the TV Guide Channel on Dish Network. If I were to guess this channel would be made available to all within a week.

TV Guide channel will air on channel 102 from the 110 satellite.

by the way i noticed that when i record some things now they have a cod like 93302 in the dvdr time screen the one where it shows if you pause or ff rw is taht maybe part of the vcr= with gemstar thing

I am beinig told that the TV Guide Channel is a little different then most remember it from CableTV.

Instead of listing whats playing on each and every channel it only lists PPV movies which will be starting, Movies on premium channels which will be starting and sporting events which will be starting.

I am supposed to be getting some screen shots of the TV Guide channel on Dish in a few moments, once I watermark them I will post them here for all to see.

Ok I got the screenshots.

So here is your first look at the TVGuide Channel on Dish Network from your friends at SatelliteGuys.US!

Attachments

• tvguide.jpg
    tvguide.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 970
  • tvguide2.jpg
    tvguide2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 722
  • tvguide3.jpg
    tvguide3.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 736
  • tvguide4.jpg
    tvguide4.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 659
What a stupid use of bandwidth, I hope E* got something good in exchanged.

kwajr said:
the patents to there software have you ever heard of guideplus or vcr plus may7be we can get a good guide now too

Umm, in case you didn't notice: TV Guide EPG Sucks! I can do without being spammed on my paid TV service, thank you!

I'm sure everyone can agree that TVG channel is a WOB (waste of bandwidth). OTOH, the GemStar technology that came with the deal is probably what Dish will be usin for both NBR and OTA EPG. If that's the case, it's worth the small WOB.

GaryPen said:
I'm sure everyone can agree that TVG channel is a WOB (waste of bandwidth). OTOH, the GemStar technology that came with the deal is probably what Dish will be usin for both NBR and OTA EPG. If that's the case, it's worth the small WOB.

Well Said!

I couldn't agree more.

Now, of course, the question is WHEN? for all the stuff (NBR, OTA EPG, etc).

(I'm just impatient :) )

Just another channel to block out of my guide along with the shopping, spanish, and Muzak channels. No big deal, it would have bothered me more if I was still using an old reciever that didn't allow this blocking.

channel 102?

I can't get channel 102?
Is there anyway to force it to show up?
I have a 7200

Also, I can lock the channels but can't hide.
Anyone know how to hide with the 7200?

Waiting for my new 721. :cool: