TV Guide Channel Pixelated on 512, Clear on 722k (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

Nominal

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, Texas
Scratching my head on this one. The TV Guide Channel (117) on my SD set fed by a 512 is pixelated and garbled, but the same channel on my HD set fed by a 722k is just fine. I ordinarily wouldn't care as I never watch that channel, but my mother likes to and she brought it to my attention. It looks and sounds like what happens when there's rain fade or a dish obstruction of some kind, but like I said the same channel at the same time on a 722k is clear as a bell. Anyone else with a SD receiver having this problem :confused:

EDIT: Did a hard reboot of the 512 to no avail, but also did a Check Switch/Test and that seems to have cleared it up for now.
EDIT 2: Spoke too soon, the picture and sound have started to break up again.

Last edited:

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
Weird. Are you on mixed arc, e.g. 61.5/72/110/119? I am wondering whether the two receivers are actually tuned to the same or different channels.

Nominal

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, Texas
Solution?

Think I might have fixed the problem, I replaced the DPP Separator on the 512 with a spare I had around and so far, so good. Strange that a dying separator would affect just one channel though. Live and learn, I guess lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)