TV Guide Spot

Harrelson 69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2005
See that Cablevision is adding this on demand channel on August 24th. Does this mean they will also be adding the the TV Guide Channel too? Will this also mean the end of Channel 14 and 100: these are the tv listings channel? These 2 channels could be used better since you can already get the tv listings by using your remote!

Harrelson 69 said:
See that Cablevision is adding this on demand channel on August 24th. Does this mean they will also be adding the the TV Guide Channel too? Will this also mean the end of Channel 14 and 100: these are the tv listings channel? These 2 channels could be used better since you can already get the tv listings by using your remote!

Seriously doubt it. I think the reason cv dumped the tv guide channel in favor of the Tribune channel guide was because the tv guide channel didn't allow them to run the endless advertising that they currently do on channel 14/100. Tv guide sells there own ad time in addition to ad time for what ever local cable company its running on. With the advent of digita; cable and electronic channel guides these scrolling channel guides are obsolete. If cv wants to advertise just turn it into a 24hr infomertial channel similar to what directv has. They could show new products/services, how to use your remote or dvr,etc.

I dont think the TV Guide Spot will be a new on demand channel. I know that when my Tivo downloads it that it's about 5 minutes long and it just tells you what shows to catch each week. For it to be a whole new channel I think they would need alot more content than that.

I think you right that CV got rid of the TV Guide channel cause the listings area on screen was getting smaller and smaller and like you said CV had almost no time to run their own promos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts