TV Input Control from DISH Remote?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
I have a DISH remote that will operate the 211/211k/211z/411. My question pertains to its TV (not receiver) functions. Is there a way for the remote to control the TV's inputs? You know, the input control for composite cables (for a VCR), HDMI1, HDMI2, etc.

Thanks!

When I programmed my dish remote to control volume and mute on my Sanyo TV, it would also cycle through the inputs with the input button on the Dish remote.

Alternatively the Dish remotes are learning remotes and your can program buttons on the remote to mimic buttons on your TV remote.

Most of the time yes. Placing the remote in tv mode by pressing the clear tv button once and letting go, the button should light up red and turn off and now the input button should work to change the source. When you press the tv button and it blinks then the sat button lights up green the remote is in limited mode. Is it the 20.0/20.1 IR remote and what brand of tv is it?

As far back as the 522, I've programmed the Dish remote to change the inputs on our TVs. It's not perfect as you have to repeatedly press the INPUT button to move through your TV's inputs vs what the TV's remote usually allows you to hit "INPUT" and then the corresponding #. When you do that on a Dish remote, it will change channels, to the # you press.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts