TV Japan: English Audio???

PosterBrat

Original poster
Nov 21, 2004
I just re-subbed to TV Japan after a brief stint away and cannot for the life of me get the English Audio feed during the Sumo tournaments. Neither customer or tech support were any help at all in helping me figure out if it is even still available.

Does anyone know?

Also, who the **** can/should I write to at DISH to get some answers and complain about the annoying lack of knowledge by the DISH staff. It's maddening.

If Time-freakin-Warner can supply the English audio feed, I see no *valid* reason DISH can't offer it as well - especially if they used to. I don't buy the bandwidth BS excuse. We're not talking HD here, just a simple audio feed...

*sigh*

Any advice?

Many thanks!

Best, Lawrence

Dish CSR's can be frustrating, but send an email to that address above and they'll be sure to help you out.

(They weed out the good CSR's and put them in the Executive Office)

Welcome to Satelliteguys!

In the alternate audio page of your receiver, if you select Japanese as the language, that will give you the english track.

To add to BFG's post "....when available."

It seems like they have been cutting down on the programs with English tracks. In the Free TV J portion only the 7pm (Japan time) news cast seems to have it now.

See ya
Tony

PosterBrat said:
I just re-subbed to TV Japan after a brief stint away and cannot for the life of me get the English Audio feed during the Sumo tournaments. Neither customer or tech support were any help at all in helping me figure out if it is even still available.

Does anyone know?

Also, who the **** can/should I write to at DISH to get some answers and complain about the annoying lack of knowledge by the DISH staff. It's maddening.

If Time-freakin-Warner can supply the English audio feed, I see no *valid* reason DISH can't offer it as well - especially if they used to. I don't buy the bandwidth BS excuse. We're not talking HD here, just a simple audio feed...

*sigh*

Any advice?

Many thanks!

Best, Lawrence

Gesh... No wonder they won't help you.

well he did acknowledge he'd have that tone with the sn "PosterBrat" But who really is to blame for dish customers joining the board with an upset tone. Should the customers exhibit better understanding/restraint, or should Dish Network work harder to know how to help people?

Hi folks... Please rest assured that the tone I took here was not the tone taken on the phone. The tone taken here was born out of the frustration that arose from dealing with Dish CS and not getting any real answers -- and strongly being led to believe there would be none forthcoming.

When I asked, for example, who the person was that I could speak with or write to find out if the english track was still being offered, I was told they would ask around and try to find out who that would be but to not expect anyone to get back with me.

That was on Thursday. I've heard nothing.

Hence the frustration.

*sigh*

Best, Lawrence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts