TV pause only an hour

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This was my greatest disappointment with the 622. I used to pause entire movies, now if it looks like I need more than an hour, I hit the record button to record the entire buffer and the rest of the show and watch it from DVR playback.

When I was Directv customer with Tivo HD, I had only 30 minute pause. So when I switched to Dish and found that my 622 had double that time, I thought that was great. Just goes to show you that everything is relative.

Be thankful for what you have and the "Secret" says you will get more of it :)

I could agree with that answer but not all of the channels are HD
Ok, how about this answer.

Because HD pause takes up too much diskspace. To keep the function of the DVR uniform between SD and HD they are both capped at a 1hr pause buffer.

Yes, its only 1 hour BUT you can do that at the same time on both tuners!

Yeah, the 721 I had would pause for two hours but my 942 and now my 622 only one. Have to get in and out of that bathroom quicker!

I don't think it's so much as pausing the program as it is coming home late and re-winding the program 1-2 hours to catch a movie etc.

This way if the TV is on the correct channel you can start watching Prime time 2 hours late and get done by the time the Late Night show comes on, skipping all the commercials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)