Tv preacher Harold Camping passes at 92

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it came to an end. For him.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

well he was old, in any case I think he survived at least twice the end of the world that he predicted, or something like that :confused:

Why should he rest in peace?

Con artists are con artists, even if they believe their own lies.

at the end of the Day he is just a man and all men deserve to rest in peace..as far as scam artists (I dont agree with what he did) Scientology, Global warming and the grandaddy of all scam artists "Microsoft" are far far worse.

Using the term 'con artist' implies intent. I don't think either of us can judge his intent. The man appeared sincere, but he was deceived. The bible he claimed to believe says that no man can know the day or hour of Christ's return. But, that didn't stop him from making predictions and being proved wrong for all to see. I don't like eating crow so I keep my mouth shut and don't make predictions. :popcorn

I agree with the comment above, well said.

I hope that regardless of his failed prediction he´s resting in peace now, I´m reading an article on his death, and it says that after failing twice on predicting the end of the world "He offered an apology for his erroneous statements, which he called “sinful,” and hinted that his days of apocalyptic warnings were over."

So I guess the rest of that is for history, but I remember I was shocked when I learned that some people believing that end of the world coming lost everything, giving away their posessions, asssets, even their pets.

Article mentioned

Last edited:
I say con artist in that he conned people into giving away everything they had, often to him, and ruined lives.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

@ Navy do you have any evidence? Am not trying to be confrontational, just that besides his end of the world spiel... I know nothing of the chap.

Cheers, K

R.I.P. Doomsday Preacher Harold Camping

"Harold Camping, the California preacher who used his evangelical radio ministry and thousands of billboards to broadcast the end of the world and then gave up public prophecy when his date-specific doomsdays did not come to pass, has died at age 92. (AP)"

I wonder if he predicted the end of his own world?

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/doomsday-minister-harold-camping-1387310343-slideshow/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)