GEOSATpro TV/RADIO favorite channel switching on single satellite. What am I missing here?

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
91W, for instance.

"radio" channels programmed in. Favorites. But I can't hit the 'TV/Radio" button and go back to the last watched video on 91W (Arts channel.) If watching video it says, "no radio" and vice versa if on radio going to TV.

Shouldn't this be simpler? What am I missing out on here? I should be able to leave ARTS as a placekeeper for the satellite in favorites, then hit 'TV/Radio' and see my radio channels, right? Neither direction does this work.

I'm trying to put an Openbox S10 out of work in my RV and get down to JUST the MicroHD, but thus far, its easier to have audio-only on a fixed dish for the nice audio channels on 91/G-17 and just switch to the second receiver.

It also is not allowing me to see my programmed "favorites" on the video side when I hit "favorite" from the radio side of things.

Can anyone lend help here?

??? Nobody else has had this issue? (Can't directly switch Video channels to audio channels on the same satellite without going through the main menu??)

I've found this interface to be akward as well, but I don't listen to satellite radio very often. First time I ran into it was on 139W which has no TV and tons of radio. Took awhile to figure out how to get to the radio channels.

Wow! Well, then...a "fix" seems appropriate here! What good is a TV/Radio button if all it says is, "NO Channel" when you try to switch and they're already, "in?" (saved as favorites on the radio side, and existing on the same satellite as saved favorite video resides.)

Perhaps we can consider this a polite request for fix in future updates, and confirmation that I'm not the only one with the issue.

Radio,
i just scanned 139W, the only sat that I have without any video channels. When the scan was done (logged over 200 audio PIDs) and I exit the screen you end up in the previous satellite. When I try switching to "radio" it says "no radio channels". Going around the gui to "all satellites" I can then select the radio channels I just scanned in by selecting that particular satellite. Same problem when you want to switch back to video, have to go back to "all satellites" again because there are no video channels on 139 that I have scanned in. I also scanned in G17 at 91w so I only have the two sats with the radio channels. Hope that again explains the issue for clarity.

I seem to be having the same issue you have so you are definitely not the only one with the same problem. I'm sure Brian will be looking into this... :) It would not be an issue if all satellites that had video channels also had radio channels... and vise-versa.

Listening to RFD radio on pid 106 right now, sounds good.

Do I understand correctly:
If TV and Radio channels from the same satellite are favorited on the same Favorites List and that favorite list is selected, you are unable to switch between the TV and Radio channels in that list?

Thank you for responding!
Unless I've missed something, Radio and TV favorites cannot co-exist on one "favorites" list or category/list.
If we mark favorites (like DMX) on one satellite on the "radio side"....the TV/Radio button to return to video on the same satellite says, "No TV channel."

The only way I know so far (clunky) to switch between radio and TV channels on the same satellite is to go back to the main menu, and toggle between radio and TV favorites menus. It's as if the radio channels don't exist to the TV part of the receiver and vice versa, even if they're on the same satellite. Thus, the button says, "eh, nothing there."

Perhaps there's two databases of favorites and the audio and video fave's can't see each other, so the unit doesn't gracefully switch between them.

Hope this helps, and thanks again!

(just took Openbox out of service which was left for audio only on a fixed dish, so this became more important to me.)

It could be something I'm missing in the setup.....I actually hope so!

It appears that a Favorites List must have a video service programmed in order for the Favorites List to be active. Currently, the receiver FAV feature is not available if only Radio Channels are selected for the Favorite List. The Favorites List should be able to be active with either a Radio, a TV or both types selected. This is an issue that we will look at and take corrective steps. It appears that this was never documented before as we had never created a Favorite List with only Radio Services.

I have tested the Favorites List feature as it is currently programmed and it works well as long as their is a Video Channel included in the list. It does not matter if the Video Channel is on a different satellite, just as long as one Video Service is selected as a favorite.

Example:
Added several Video Channels from 95w and several Radio Channels from 97w to Favorite List 1.
With Favorite List 1 selected in the Channel List, pressing the TV/Radio RCU key causes the receiver to switch to the opposite service type on the other satellite.
If the receiver is on a Radio Channel on 97w and the TV/Radio RCU key is pressed, the receiver changes to a TV Channel on 95w. This is correct function of the Favorite List Feature.

Will give it a whirl!
Thank you SO much for looking into this!
Your product and service are TOP NOTCH!
Love the receiver! I've forgotten what "video stutter" was like!
(and now, the radio function will be easier, having pulled the Openbox from the second dish, using only one receiver.

Rewinding here...
What if they're on the SAME satellite? (radio and TV stuff) Shouldn't it switch back and forth between radio and TV? Did I misunderstand? My unit won't even do it on the SAME satellite, let alone different ones.

I have radio faves. I have video faves. They're separate because the receiver sees them that way... There's no way to go back and forth. What you suggested is unclear to me. Maybe I'm just dense...but, ANY favorite list for radio should show up if there is one when you go from Video Faves to Radio faves via the TV/Radio button, shouldn't it?

Is it possible to add radio-only favorites to the EXISTING video favorites on one of the unused "video favorite" lists?

Perhaps I'm just missing something here. Apologies if I am!

Yes the TV/Radio RCU key switches between Radio and TV services on the same favorites list if on same or different satellite. You must have selected the Favorite List that contains both the TV and the Radio channels.

The list is set up separately for TV Channels and Radio Channels, but they use the same Favorites List.

Example:
  • Select a video channel and assign to Favorite List 1
  • Select an audio channel and assign to Favorite List 1
  • Both the TV and Radio Channels will be assigned to Favorite List 1.
  • Select Favorite List 1 after pressing the FAV RCU key
  • The available channels will be the selected TV channel and the selected Radio channel
  • Toggle between these channels by pressing the TV/Radio RCU key

It worked! The first time programming this to work, I had to "get" to the audio side via the main menu and switching from Video to Audio faves, then once one is selected, assigning to the exact same Favorite list was NO problem.

Thanks for the help! Now I'll download your black screen "radio" background to protect the TV feeding the audio system!

Just saw that yesterday when reading the forum!

Again, thanks for helping me get this done! VERY much appreciated! Hope it helps others as well!

Radio,
i just scanned 139W, the only sat that I have without any video channels. When the scan was done (logged over 200 audio PIDs)

If you keep performing Manual Channel searches of the three audio TPs, you will end up logging hundreds more audio services! The mux tables are not built to exact DVB standards and the microHD is limited to 128 services added per scan. So a combination between the massive and unique tables and the 128 PID limit on each scan, it might take 20 or more repeated TP, Radio service searches to log the majority of audio services available. I think that I have nearly a thousand audio channels on 139w.

It worked! The first time programming this to work, I had to "get" to the audio side via the main menu and switching from Video to Audio faves, then once one is selected, assigning to the exact same Favorite list was NO problem.

Thanks for the help! Now I'll download your black screen "radio" background to protect the TV feeding the audio system!

Just saw that yesterday when reading the forum!

Again, thanks for helping me get this done! VERY much appreciated! Hope it helps others as well!

Glad that you have the TV/Radio feature figured out! Enjoy!!!

Thank you for pointing out the Audio only FAV issue. It is on our short fix list.

Just a simple thought, Brian. If you had a static video channel, could that be used as a Favorite Header and then work to allow a radio only Fav List? Probably clear in my mind but hard to describe -- Last channel in fav. list, a static SatAV screen that instead of Welcome to Glorystar, says Thanks for using GeoSat.? Or for us slow ones, a picture of the remote with a red circle around the Radio/TV button?

GEOSATpro Diseqc switches losing ports

GEOSATpro Strange idea -- Feature on boot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)