tv1 problem on 625.........

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
Finally took the plunge & had a 625 installed today. Should have known better. I have connected my tv via coax to tv1...........& it has rolling white lines across the screen that come & go. TV2 is fine. I have checked all of the cables, switched back & forth. The same cable that produce the lines on tv1, give a good picture on tv2. Think I got a lemon!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Seeing how TV1 is on channel 3/4 and TV2 is on a modulated UHF channel it could be a device causing interference. Do you have any other receivers that you are using the same channel number? Have you tried connecting up one of the other receivers that you may have in the same room as the 622 is in?

Is there any way you can use the S-Video or RCA connections instead? This should eliminate the RF interference.

My tv1 is hooked up using composite cables and it still has rolling white lines, although not as bad as on channel 3/4. I see that problem a lot on the DVR's, but a 322 in its place does not have that problem. Some customers do not notice it unless I point it out, so I don't. I suspect some internal interference.

If you have composite connected to the television with the 625 and see the interference but it does not do it with the 322 then I would highly suspect the 625 being bad. Have you tried the 625 in another room? Tried putting the 625 in single user mode and pressing swap to go to the second tuner to see if it does it on that second tuner as well through the tv 1 out connection?

Yes, I realize that composite cables will give me a better picture, but the tv is older & I do not have enough inputs. Nothing has changed in my setup except for the 625 in place of the 508. Yesterday before the swap, I had no problems. The problem does not occur with tv2 only tv1. I had this problem a year ago.....it was a defective 508. All tech support wanted to say was bad cables. Not cables, I switched them. Even if it was the cables, it would occur on tv1 & tv2 since I tried the same cables on both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)