TV1 Sizing on 622 RF Output

fish2222

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 5, 2005
Alright guys... I have a weird one here. I have my RF output setup for TV1 to display on my other TV's along with TV2 with my 622. If I have my HD TV with HDMI on normal mode, as opposed to stretched or zoomed, my other TV that is viewing TV over the RF output has black bars on the side, and the picture is squashed on the left and right sides. If I set my HD set to stretch, it looks fine on the other TV's. Is there a way I can change it so the RF output is just a normal SD signal that isn't smashed? Does this make sense? Thanks.

David_Levin

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
Denver, Co
fish: Your description doesn't say if your trying to view HD or SD content. But, I'm assuming you're seeing the horizontally challenged picture on TV1/RF when viewing SD.

The RF and HDMI TV1's are copies of each other. They are working off the same scaler output. The 622 is horizontally squishing the image because it's assumes the 16:9 TV will be stretching the image for the widescreen display. You could change the TV type to 4:3#2 but this might mess up the picture on the HD display (unless it has a 4:3 mode).

I doubt there will ever be a solution of this. The 622 scaler is not wired to deal with the 2 copies of TV1 separately.

fish2222

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 5, 2005
fish: Your description doesn't say if your trying to view HD or SD content. But, I'm assuming you're seeing the horizontally challenged picture on TV1/RF when viewing SD.

The RF and HDMI TV1's are copies of each other. They are working off the same scaler output. The 622 is horizontally squishing the image because it's assumes the 16:9 TV will be stretching the image for the widescreen display. You could change the TV type to 4:3#2 but this might mess up the picture on the HD display (unless it has a 4:3 mode).

I doubt there will ever be a solution of this. The 622 scaler is not wired to deal with the 2 copies of TV1 separately.

It doesn't seem to matter if it is HD or SD content. I figured this was probably the case, but I thought I would ask just in case I was missing something. I will just have to play with the settings and see what I like the best. Thanks guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)