TV1/TV2 625 question.

Petwanel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
I am watching TV2 off a 625 on channel 60 in room 2. Can I move the 625 from room 1 which is currently TV1 to room 2 and convert room 2 to TV1 simply by connecting the tv to the output TV1 on the 625. Would room 1 automatically become TV2 without further tampering?

don't forget if you move the box, you have to move the incoming satellite signal too.

TV2 is defined as whatever number of TVs are connected to the agile modulated output.

Could help you if you could let us know if you have diplexers in the satellite run or are there two or one dedicated cables for the sat signal in?

Picture the satellite signal like flowing water; it needs to go through different conduits from its source (The satellite), to its destination (The TV).

You need to make sure that your diplexers are wired right. If you move TV1 (Where the receiver is) to TV2 location, you need to switch the cables around at the dish, or exterior TV box. Where there is one diplexer there is another.

If you don't have one located in back of your receiver, then you have a dedicated line like the above person mentioned. 98% chance you don't and you have a diplexer like the one pictured.

If you respond, I'll follow up. otherwise, good luck!

;)

Attachments

• installer-001.jpg
    installer-001.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 326
I noticed in your illustration, you forgot to explain how you could use the USB port to hook the reciever to your.... Oh wait, you can't do that:)

Seriously though, that is a very helpfull visual aid.

Steve

Picture the satellite signal like flowing water; it needs to go through different conduits from its source (The satellite), to its destination (The TV).

You need to make sure that your diplexers are wired right. If you move TV1 (Where the receiver is) to TV2 location, you need to switch the cables around at the dish, or exterior TV box. Where there is one diplexer there is another.

If you don't have one located in back of your receiver, then you have a dedicated line like the above person mentioned. 98% chance you don't and you have a diplexer like the one pictured.

If you respond, I'll follow up. otherwise, good luck!

;)

Thanks for the help guys. I did the moved on saturday and it is working. Please forgive me but I cannot as yet talk the satellite tech language. Here is what I did: I did a visual trace of the cables from the dish and found a splitter in my garage. At this splitter I was able to easily determine the 2 location feeds in question. I simply switch them around then took the receiver to the new location and connect it the tv and it has been working with no problems since then. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts