TV2 and Microsoft Media Center

robv

Original poster
May 11, 2004
Hello All

I have a 522 that broadcasts TV2 to my TV on channel 22. I want to connect this feed to my Vista Windows Media center PC (WMC). When I try to add it WMC only has channel 2-3-4 and rca and s-video. I cant change the channel on WMC to 22 to accept the feed? Can anybody help?

Thanks

Rob V

It's a bit rednecky, but have you tried feeding the TV2 output into a VCR and then into the WMC? As long as you keep the TV/Video setting on the VCR correct and the power on, it should output on a channel 3 or 4

You might be a redneck if your Windows media Center PC is hooked up to your DVR through a VCR.

Mine is connected though the radio on a 72 chevy that is on blocks in my front yard.

not sure if it would work--- but have been considering a USB TV tuner plug in for mine to connect the dish signals to the PC??

Old VCR may be less expensive option- certainly not much use for them now.

Well a VCR might do the trick... Wish there was a Non redneck way to do this. Damn I teach microsoft classes and this still boggles my mind.. lol

That will work but there is another problem

Just configure your tuner manually and tell it to use cable. It should find the signal then.

I tried the same setup with a PC tuner card running WMC as TV2 on a 722. The delay in the signal made the UHF remote very difficult if not impossible to use. I gave up and moved my second receiver, a 322, next to the PC and connected via the S-video port. I set up WMC for DISH and use the WMC guide instead of the guide on the 322. I can also use the DVR functions in WMC since it controls the 322 through an IR blaster.

The PQ is much better with this connection vs. the modulated signal also.

It's a bit rednecky, but have you tried feeding the TV2 output into a VCR and then into the WMC? As long as you keep the TV/Video setting on the VCR correct and the power on, it should output on a channel 3 or 4

Us rednecks call it some other kind of "Rigging" :D

WTF? I've seen this topic how many TIMES NOW? Do you know how to use the SEARCH BUTTON???? DISH NETWORK does not RUN on your COMPUTER directly. You'll have to get the stupid slingbox, DVD recorder, or a 3rd party TV card. MOVE ON, SEARCH NEXT TIME. YOu might find your ANSWER.

Or to avoid forums altogether...

20080227.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)