TV2 Clear Display No Picture

malimat

Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
Filer
If that title makes any sense. :p

The situation is thus: I own two homes and have more than one TV in each. I have two receivers in one home and in my other I'm installing a receiver, dish, and two TVs.

The dish is a 500.
The receiver is a ViP722k
The TVs are both SDTVs

I have connected everything, and after a few hours of bashing my head against a wall, I got TV1 working just fine.

When I turn on TV2 all I get is the display for Acquiring Satellite Signal without it connecting to anything. It cycles through the transponders and says that its looking for Satellite X.

This happens all while my wife is watching her programs in the other room.

The cable that comes out of the Satellite runs down to a cable box with a splitter in it that runs out to the TVs (obvious I know :p)

I've tried with a super tiny TV connected to the TV2 RCA connection and I get the same results. This leads me to believe its a setting somewhere, but I'm at a loss here.

Any thoughts before I have to shell out cash to have someone come in and do something simple to fix my problem?

Thanks.

1. It sounds like one of the satellite inputs on the rec is not connected or one tuner is bad

2. The LNB on the dish must be a DishPro Plus twin with one line to the rec with a separator

or

3. If the LNB is only Dishpro or legacy, it needs 2 lines to the rec to run both tuners

4. The connection in the cable box should be a diplexer, not a splitter

5. The dish 500 won't give you much HD on the 722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts