TV2 Flickers after 722 intall

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cruiser83

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
I am hoping someone here can offer advice regarding an odd problem that surfaced during a 722 receiver upgrade.

We moved, Dish made me a great offer to upgrade from the 522, to the HD 722 receiver. The installers arrived and right from the start, even during the initial setup phase, TV2 was flickering. several times a minute, the whole screen does this crazy flicker. Only the screen image flickers, if I bring up the TV's main menu, the menu does not flicker but you can see the image behind the menu still flicker. The installers acknowledging the issue, ultimately ended up replacing everything between the dish and TV, even running a new cable instead of using the existing. They jumpered TV2 to TV1 and TV1 would not flicker. So, they determined it was the TV and left. I just want to mention I have no issue with the installers, they did everything they could and I can understand why the logical conclusion is it being a faulty TV. Although, I was thinking maybe the receiver itself is bad but they made no mention of replacing it.

So, the TV is a Vizio, about 2 years old. It was working fine less than 24 hours prior while we were still using it at the house with the 522 receiver. After the installers left, I did the following experiments. The TV works fine when it runs any other equipment specifically using the coax in, I tried both a regular OTA antenna and a VCR and the picture is fine. I took TV2 into the living room and it ran fine on TV1's HDMI cable, as well as using the RCA inputs. I also took TV1 into the bedroom and hooked it up to the coax cable and no flicker. Currently I have TV2 hooked up by running the satellite coax feed into the back of an old VCR and output by RCA cables into TV2 and guess what, NO FLICKER. There is zero flicker by running the signal through the VCR tuner, but I hate having to have an old VCR sitting on our dresser to run the TV. Maybe I am in denial that it is a TV issue, but seems bizarre to me that the TV is fine except when the receiver is hooked up direct.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on here? Is i really most likely the TV and not something to do with the receiver? Any thoughts on other things I can try to fix or diagnose what is going on here?

Did you or the installer try changing the assigned TV2 channel? Did he try another 722, or was it the only one he had on the truck?

Did you or the installer try changing the assigned TV2 channel? Did he try another 722, or was it the only one he had on the truck?

Yes, we changed the assigned channel to 72 or 73 from 60, still flickered. He did NOT try another 722, I wish he had, and frankly I should of been more vocal and asked him to switch it out, my gut tells me the receiver is bad, not my TV.

Yes, we changed the assigned channel to 72 or 73 from 60, still flickered. He did NOT try another 722, I wish he had, and frankly I should of been more vocal and asked him to switch it out, my gut tells me the receiver is bad, not my TV.
So does mine. Contact DIRT, they will either send you another receiver or arrange another Tech visit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts