TV2 IR , who want it ?

byseven

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Hi ,

I was wondering how many people want to control TV2 with IR .
I have a 622, and I would love to replace the dishnetwork remote with MX900 for the tv2. I use MX980 on TV1.

I was told that the receivers after the VIP622 will have tv2 IR , but it did not happen with the VIP722.
I also herd that "it is on the works "

Now tell me , Who else want TV2 in IR control ??

For me the TV2 is in a different room. I would need an IR repeater some where for it to work. I don't like how the TV2 remote is sometimes laggy. It has IR built in isn't there a way to switch it to IR instead?

Hi, this is so funny, as I was just going to ask the same question! Only I want t control TV2 with the TV1 remote. (5.3IR that came with it)

I guess you can't do it.

Byseven:
I can do with out the 622/722 having IR Remote on TV2; however, it would be a nice feature if the remotes from other equipment, particularly tuner cards, could emulate the Dish TV2 IR codes.

Mdvalenz:
Sometimes when teh batteries for my 622 TV2 remote gets weak, I have the same problem and go to hold the remote up in the air. If it does that routinely, you may want to put a piece of RF cable (RG-6) between the receiver and the UHF Remote Antenna so that it is closer to the distance RF remotes. I just change the batteries every 5 or 6 months. I also have the same issues with using the TV1 IR/UHF Pro remote from the other rooms.

Also, inside the 6.3 (and maybe 6.2) IR/UHF PRO remotes, there is a switch that will let you select either A or B. I don't know this for sure, but I thought someone said switching to B gives you a further range.

Sdschramm:
With the 622, that is correct - You can not control TV2 with the TV1 remote. The 622 TV2 uses "UHF Pro" commands. However, the AUX mode sends out "UHF" commands that are used by earlier Dish receivers that uses the UHF remotes instead of the newer UHF Pro remotes.

Possibly TV2 on the earlier receivers may use "UHF" vice "UHF Pro", but I don't know this for sure without looking it up. But I'm sure someone will provide more info on this. :)

I would love to have this. I want to leave my VIP-622 in Dual Mode, and use my plasma (primary TV) internal tuner to pick up the TV2 output so I can have PIP using the plasma's PIP functions. I'm set up to do this, by splitting the TV2 output from the rear panel of the VIP-622, with one output going to the bedroom for my TV2 viewing, and the other splitter output going to the antenna input of the primary TV. I have a Harmony 880 universal remote that I use with my primary TV, but without being able to control tuner2 in IR, I have to go back to the UHF TV2 remote to control the channel of the second picture.

I need it to be able to use BOTH UHF and IR without having to set a switch for one or the other.

I want it for the same reason as Pepper. I have a 522 and a 722 and would love to control TV2 in either with an IR remote.

I just upgraded to the 722 and replaced an old Tivo with the 522 so I have sort of solved the problem, but would prefer hooking the Slingbox up to TV2 of the 722.

Hey Pepper, how about buying an IR to UHF remote extender like the radioshack black pyramid deals and taking the uhf transmitter out of a TV 2 remote and putting it into the remote extender. In theory, the remote extender would pick up IR and the tv 2 transmitter would send it out on the correct frequency of 384mhz.

Hey Pepper, how about buying an IR to UHF remote extender like the radioshack black pyramid deals and taking the uhf transmitter out of a TV 2 remote and putting it into the remote extender. In theory, the remote extender would pick up IR and the tv 2 transmitter would send it out on the correct frequency of 384mhz.
How about I just pull one out of my butt instead. Sounds just as likely to happen :)

Maybe someone else could figure out how to do that, not me.

seriously, doesn't the pyramid thing just convert from IR to "something" at one end, then from "something" back to IR at the other end? That "something" could be proprietary, who knows. I doubt they used the same logic and modulation as dish UHF Pro.

I have here on of the pyramids and the label said " UHF Receiver / IR Emitter "
Does any have the other one "UHF Transmiter / IR Receiver ??

It is at Team Summit - UHF to IR ( for TV2)

!!!!!!!

Few more weeks and we get some !!!!
Only 6 months waiting. !!!

Possibly TV2 on the earlier receivers may use "UHF" vice "UHF Pro", but I don't know this for sure without looking it up. But I'm sure someone will provide more info on this. :)

6.0 = UHF Pro "A"

6.2 and 6.3 have UHF Pro "A" or "B" switch

All single output SD receivers and DVRs use "UHF" (not pro) - except for the very old 1000, 2000, 3000 and 2700 which are IR only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)