Tv2 Issue with remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scribble1979

Original poster
Oct 10, 2018
Corydon, In
Hello,

I realized that this has already been posted about but mine is worse than what I read. So for a couple years my dish Tv2 has worked perfectly. This is a dual receiver 722. The receiver is in my living room, and Tv2 is in my room, 40 feet away.

Suddenly without reason the remote stopped working unless you angled it towards the mirror in the bedroom. Then that stopped working so I ordered a new remote. That didn't change anything. Before anybody asks any questions I will post exactly what I have tried and the steps I followed.
  • I changed the batteries in the old remote. This did not solve the problem.
  • Through the system menu I checked to make sure the remote was still programmed correctly. It was.
  • After this I assumed that it must be the remote, so I ordered a new one.
  • When the new one came it was kind of annoying because it was a 20.1 IR and that does not work for TV2.
  • I programmed the 20.1 IR as my main TV1 remote, deciding that I would use my 21.1 IR/UHF(Which was my TV1 remote and worked perfectly) remote for TV2 instead.
  • The programming for both remotes was successful.
  • Before anyone asks, yes I flipped the key around from 1 to 2 and flipped the switch from IR to UHF.
  • To program the TV2 remote, I went through the system menu, held the "Sat" button until all the lights flashed, set the remote to 9 and hit the record button. It successfully set it up for TV2.
  • Still no such luck. Yes I have a blue light on the receiver for TV2.
  • I decided it must be something to do with the signal being blocked. I checked the back of the receiver to make sure that the antenna was straight up and down and tight. It is.
  • I tried using the remote right in front of the receiver to see if it would change in the back bedroom and it did not. I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with the receiver but at this point I'm frustrated.
  • No I haven't called dish. All they do is charge me $70 for a service call and put me on the phone with someone that has no clue what they are doing.
Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!

PS. I have NO tech skills. The only reason I even remotely sound like I know what I'm doing is because of YouTube videos posted by Dish Network Techs. Please keep this in mind when sending me a reply :)

Reactions: pattykay and HipKat
Hello,

I realized that this has already been posted about but mine is worse than what I read. So for a couple years my dish Tv2 has worked perfectly. This is a dual receiver 722. The receiver is in my living room, and Tv2 is in my room, 40 feet away.

Suddenly without reason the remote stopped working unless you angled it towards the mirror in the bedroom. Then that stopped working so I ordered a new remote. That didn't change anything. Before anybody asks any questions I will post exactly what I have tried and the steps I followed.
  • I changed the batteries in the old remote. This did not solve the problem.
  • Through the system menu I checked to make sure the remote was still programmed correctly. It was.
  • After this I assumed that it must be the remote, so I ordered a new one.
  • When the new one came it was kind of annoying because it was a 20.1 IR and that does not work for TV2.
  • I programmed the 20.1 IR as my main TV1 remote, deciding that I would use my 21.1 IR/UHF(Which was my TV1 remote and worked perfectly) remote for TV2 instead.
  • The programming for both remotes was successful.
  • Before anyone asks, yes I flipped the key around from 1 to 2 and flipped the switch from IR to UHF.
  • To program the TV2 remote, I went through the system menu, held the "Sat" button until all the lights flashed, set the remote to 9 and hit the record button. It successfully set it up for TV2.
  • Still no such luck. Yes I have a blue light on the receiver for TV2.
  • I decided it must be something to do with the signal being blocked. I checked the back of the receiver to make sure that the antenna was straight up and down and tight. It is.
  • I tried using the remote right in front of the receiver to see if it would change in the back bedroom and it did not. I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with the receiver but at this point I'm frustrated.
  • No I haven't called dish. All they do is charge me $70 for a service call and put me on the phone with someone that has no clue what they are doing.
Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!

PS. I have NO tech skills. The only reason I even remotely sound like I know what I'm doing is because of YouTube videos posted by Dish Network Techs. Please keep this in mind when sending me a reply :)
I can fix that with 3 short coax jumpers and 2 splitters. If you can get those things, take one splitter and connect 2 of the jumpers to the outputs on the splitter, Remove the antenna and the cable going to the HVN (Yellow) port on the back of the receiver and screw those 2 jumpers into those ports. Connect the cable that was in the HVN port to the input on the splitter.

Take the 2nd splitter and connect the 3rd jumper and the antenna to the outputs. Go to TV2, unscrew the cable from the back of the TV and screw it into the input on the splitter. Connect the jumper to the back of the TV's Coax connector. That's using the multiplex function of the Receiver's Home Distribution to relocate the antenna to the TV2 and multiplex both the TV2 and Antenna signals on one coax

Last edited:
I can fix that with 3 short coax jumpers and 2 splitters. If you can get those things, take one splitter and connect 2 of the jumpers to the outputs on the splitter, Remove the antenna and the cable going to the HVN (Tellow) port on the back of the receiver and screw those 2 splitters into those ports. Connect the cable that was in the HVN port to the input on the splitter.

Take the 2nd splitter and connect the 3rd jumper and the antenna to the outputs. Go to TV2, unscrew the cable from the back of the TV and screw it into the input on the splitter. Connect the jumper to the back of the TV's Coax connector. That's using the multiplex function of the Receiver's Home Distribution to relocate the antenna to the TV2 and multiplex both the TV2 and Antenna signals on one coax

Thank you! This doesn't sound that difficult, so I will get what I need and let you know how it goes. I greatly appreciate the reply and the hope you have given me lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)