TV2 out on VIP 722k is snowy .. suggestions?

samalex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Waco, Texas
Our 722 died last month and we replaced it with a 722K, but the TV2 out going into other rooms is very snowy and virtually unwatchable. Any suggestions? No cables have changed, the TV2 cable connected to the 722K is snug, and I didn't touch the cables on the second TV.

As for our setup, I have all coax in our home routed to a central closet, so the coax going from the TV2 out on the 722K runs to this closet then connects to a small junction box which splits it between a few other rooms though we only have one TV connected. Nothing though in this setup has changed.

Does the TV2 out on the 722K have less power? Just curious... The TV is only watched by our kids so I'm not too worried about it being HD so i'd rather not invest in a Hopper or Joey.

Thanks for any advice.

Youmight want to check the out put channel for tv2. If it was working ok witht 722 it should be ok withte 722k

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROID RAZR Maxx using SatelliteGuys

You may want to try menu 6-1-5 and see what the setting is. Were you using channel 60 or 73 on the previous receiver? If you used 60 make sure it is set to "air", if you were using 73 then set to "cable". Chances are that this was not configured correctly when the 722k was setup. If these settings are correct, then another possibility is perhaps the center conductor of the coax connected to the home distribution of the 722k go bent. Check those things and let us know!