"TV2 Receiver Connection $5.00"

empire

Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
maine
Below is the main part of my bill. Note " TV2 Receiver Connection $5.00"

In 2005, i got Dish
In 2007ish? Dish said if i plugged a TV phone line into my receiver,the $5 monthly charge would stop after a couple of days.
In 2009,i finally installed a TV phone line into my receiver and the $5/TVreceiver monthly was suppose to end.
In 2011, i noticed the charge was still ongoing,i called Dish,they said it would end.
Today, 2013 the $5/mon. charge continues.

I have many bills,usually with the Dish bill i paid it without looking at details, but now my full attention is on this bill and i am grabbing the bull by the horns. the $5 is going to stop or i cancel Dish. I am not under contract. The contract ended 8 years ago.

Any suggestions? Should i go with Direct, Cable, or a streaming media box? I have simple tv needs, local channels, maybe a news channel and a weather channel , and i am happy

------------------------------------
Smart Pack $ 29.99
DVR Service $ 7.00
TV2 Receiver Connection $5.00

If you would like to send me a private message with the phone number on the account I would be happy to assist you in correcting this billing issue.

when you have many bills;monthly mortgage bills,tax bills,cell phone bill, etc,etc,job obligations, kids growing up and running around the house, ..not every bill gets 100% of one's attention. as i said, we did notice,thought it was taken care of,but didnot follow up to see if it was taken care of.

also,what is a 'dish response team' ad?

Dish response team is not an ad. There are actually people on here from Dish that will help you with any problem you have with billing, technical, etc... Most of the time they do a much better job fixing problems than calling Dish over the phone.

If you would like to send me a private message with the phone number on the account I would be happy to assist you in correcting this billing issue.

when you have many bills;monthly mortgage bills,tax bills,cell phone bill, etc,etc,job obligations, kids growing up and running around the house, ..not every bill gets 100% of one's attention. as i said, we did notice,thought it was taken care of,but didnot follow up to see if it was taken care of.

You've already been alerted by DIRT, simply follow through... ;)

No I actually work for DISH. If you would like to review and resolve this for you please send me a PM with the phone number on the account and I can assist you with resolution.

No I actually work for DISH. If you would like to review and resolve this for you please send me a PM with the phone number on the account and I can assist you with resolution.

Sometimes I wonder about my fingers. I think they are working against me.

*cough* I do work at DISH and I am able to review this issue for you and resolve it. Please send me a PM with the phone number on the account.

Let me explain the "$5 TV 2 connection fee" and how DISH Network has been ripping you off.

A few years back Dish used to treat Dual Tuner receivers as single receivers when it came to billing purposes. If you hooked up a phone line to your receiver, the bill would remain the same and there was no charge to use the second Tuner. If you didn't have a phone line connected then there was a $5 charge for TV2.

Then people started dumping their land phones and customers, and then the complaint was that why should they be penalized $5 because they choose not to have a phone line. Or get quoted the rate for the 322 assuming they hooked up the phone line, and the installers would not connect it at the time of install, thus incurring the additional $5 fee.

So what Dish did was eliminate the TV2 connection fee for new customers, and simply raised receiver fees for new and existing customers reguardless if the phone line was connected or not.

With all the new pricing structures and fees that where put in place, some customers bills should have gone down but what Dish did was only adjusted customers bills where it was to their advantage.

So lets say you where an existing customer prior to the changes who had a single 322 without a phone line. You would pay the base programming package, plus a $5 TV 2 connection fee.

New rates go into effect, and there is no additional fees associated with the first receiver. So the new customer just pays the base programming rate.

Dish should have gone accross the board and removed the TV 2 connection fee from existing accounts, but chose not to because the customers bill would go down $5 with the new rates.

On the flip side of it, lets say you had a 322 as a secondary receiver and where paying $7 per month plus $5 for no phone line for a total of $12. When they raised the 322 additional receiver fee to $14, they then removed the $5 TV 2 connection fee.

They only removed the TV 2 fees when it was to their advantage to do so.

Why you ask? Typical customers don't know DISH Networks fees, and nobody calls in and complains if they open their bill and its $5 less than the month before.

Sounds like you're accusing Dish of fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)