TV2 room change

lunamama

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2009
NorCal
So, what is the easiest and least expensive way to change rooms that my TV2 is in. I do not have an outlet in the new room, only a cable outlet. I dont really want to pay for a service call. What can I do?

Is the existing TV2 run directly to where it is, or is it going to the previous cable infrastructure? You may be able to just plug a TV in and tune to the correct channel.

No, the installer did not use the previous cable infrastructure as we have some cable channels and cable internet. The satellite system is on a different line.

What analog channels are on cable? You might be able to combine your SAT2 RF output and cable with just a regular splitter (since they can also be used as a combiner).

I only have one box, the 722vip, in the livingroom. I have quite a few analog channels, like 70, through the cable. I figure its going to have to be a rewire to get it to work but I am not sure how to do this and what I would need. Maybe there are other options though?

I use the X-10 wireless video sender for the TV in my daughters room. Took a while to find a setting that worked without killing the wireless conneection on my laptop. Works OK except when the microwave is running.
There is also the RF Link AVS-5811. It is more expensive but operates on the 5.8 GHz frequency so there should be less interference.
Hope this helps.

I have a device that allows you to insert a channel into existing coax without harming adjacent channels. Mine is for channel 3. It has three RF connectors: one "channel 3" input, one "rest of the channels" input, and an output. It works well and was only like $10 from http://www.partsexpress.com. It inserts the channel 3 video without interfering with channels 2 and 4.

If within those 70 channels there is area where several consecutive channels aren't being used then you might be able to use a regular splitter/combiner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)