TV2 UHF Pro Remote/ New TV

Just.Shannon

Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Okay, here's the situation. I have dish network
and in the bedroom there is no
receiver. I use the 6.3 UHF Pro remote. Yesterday I switched from some old 19 inch TV to a 50 inch samsung dlp. I thought all I'd have to do is plug in the cable but I have no TV :-( Does anyone happen to know what I have to do to get the dish to work on the nee TV?? Thanks in advance!

Your old tv was set to either Air or cable. Usually Its air. Most new to Tvs come automatically set to cable. You can try channel 116 cable if you were set to air. Or switch the settings in your tv to air or cable depending which one you need. It might be easier to just switch the modular setup from Tv 1 to air or cable depending on which one you beed. A good test to tell if your Tv is set to air or cable is to just try and go to channel 70. If it will not go that high then you are set to air. If it does then you are set to cable. Hope that helps.

I don't know what receiver you have, but in the menu on the receiver (on TV1) you should be able to find what channel (cable or air) the receiver is broadcasting to. One hint that might help is that air only broadcasts to channel 69, where cable begins at a higher channel number (not sure which one, but I think somewhere in the 40s). Check TV1 and you will know for certain. For me it's cable channel 75, if that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)