TV49 translators (Weigel Broadcasting)

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
What a surprise it was to scan the TV today and to find we now have 5 new channels. Here on the Northern Oregon Coast! We have translators, 6 now giving us 32 OTA channels. The latest is TV49. Looked it up and apparently it has to do with Weigel Broadcasting. Their line up is 3.1 H&I, 3.2 Start TV, 3.3 Movies!, 3.4 Decades, & 3.5 METV+. I expect these translators to start popping up in a lot of places. I am really thrilled. No guide listed as yet though. I checked again and found some reference of TV49 connected with Weigel Broadcasting, so no wonder the line up is Weigel's. I presume more TV49 translators will show up in other areas. Great news!

Last edited:
What a surprise it was to scan the TV today and to find we now have 5 new channels. Here on the Northern Oregon Coast! We have translators, 6 now giving us 32 OTA channels. The latest is TV49. Looked it up and apparently it has to do with Weigel Broadcasting. Their line up is 3.1 H&I, 3.2 Start TV, 3.3 Movies!, 3.4 Decades, & 3.5 METV+. I expect these translators to start popping up in a lot of places. I am really thrilled. No guide listed as yet though. I checked again and found some reference of TV49 connected with Weigel Broadcasting, so no wonder the line up is Weigel's. I presume more TV49 translators will show up in other areas. Great news!
Do you happen to know what the translators callsign is.

That is the correct calls. It may have come on the first of the month, but out here I do not always re-scan, as generally there is little change.
One interesting thing is, I have several OTA tuners. The Dish 211k, gives me either the wrong channel info or no info on them. The Google ReCast gives me all wrong channels, like PBS Bend OR and the QVC station, etc. The built in OTA tuner in the Vizio TV set gives me no guide period on any of them, other that the correct name of the channel. But my little cheapie Ermatic has totally correct info on all 5 channels. It had it right off the bat including METV+ after I scaned in the channels. Apparently all of the tuners get their info from different places. I figured OTA, they would automatically get the info from the EPG in the signal. That must not be the case. With the Vip211k Dish receiver, I do have generic timer that I can set even with no guide or wrong guide.
I must say one thing that the PQ in the 5 new channels are all very good. They are all in SD, but must have more bandwidth.

I have no idea why I either get no guide (On the Vizio TV) The Recast I get odd guides 3.1 QVC, 3.2 KOAB Bend OR PBS, etc). One Eramatic tuner gets the right guide, but it only goes out 12 hours. Hopefully the guide gets straighten out, as it is not easy to DVR shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)