Tv5 Offers New Package Deal For Free Trial

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
Just called TV5 after I received a free trial certificate for the French Language Channel. They will pay for a 61.5 dish and 3 months free for trying their European service. Thereafter the service is $9 per month. You get French programming including movies, sports and news. Sports include Soccer & Rugby. Called DISH and confirmed the offer and tech is scheduled for install tomorrow.

Yes, I've subscribed to TV5 for a few years now, and I really do watch the daily newscast with English subtitles. All the other newscasts are without subtitles. Much of the general interest programming such as the cooking shows and game shows and and other interview and entertainment and variety shows are in French with no subtitles.

However, just about every movie they air does have English subtitles, and they do show some very good movies along with a few stinkers here and there. They also air games relating to the World Cup. For me, it has been worth the money.

Be sure to tune in the daily half-hour English subtitled newscast at 3PM Pacific, 6PM Eastern.

I forget how, exactly, but you can go through the Dish Network site and have the TV5 schedule emailed to you for your convenience. Please be aware that TV5 continues with the nasty practice of starting or ending their shows a few minutes late or early than what is on the EPG. It seems the daily English subtitled newscast is the ONLY program to air on the dot. I've emailed TV5 about it, and they seem unwilling to be precise (at least hit the mark really close like HBO, Showtime, etc. It can be done) with the timings. Set you DVR accordingly.

Question for DishSubLA. How do you get English sub titles? I was watching TV5Monde le journal (news) today and did not see any English sub titles. I also like TRACe the acompanying MTV type French channel. So which news program has English sub titles and what time is it on?? Thanks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts