TV5Monde (French): Info in French

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
TV5Monde Etats Unis (United States), the French content channel, always had the INFO data in English, but for almost 2 months now, the INFO data has been in French. About 95% of TV5 content has English subtitles and that has not changed. Since a big part of the mission of TV5 is to promote French culture, including French cinema and TV, I can't believe this French language info data is TV5's desired change. I really depend upon the English INFO data to be in English to decide if I am interested in the movie or TV show.

Is anyone else also getting their TV5 Monde Etats Unis on Dish with the INFO data in French instead of English? This INFO data in French does have to be sorted out, as I have now found myself hardly watching the channel without INFO data I can understand. There is a lot of great content (and a few not-so-great) content on this channel, but if it remains with French INFO data, I will have to cancel. I will attempt to email TV5Monde, but I put it here to confirm of others have the same INFO "problem" I do and so that DISH can, hopefully, see it here. Thanks.

You made me curious. What is the channel number?
I love old French and Italian movies.

Growing up, every little kid including myself wanted to be Alain Delon!!

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)