TW possibly offering heaper cable without sports

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
In our local fish wrapper today
Cheaper cable option planned ? with no sports channels | Democrat and Chronicle | democratandchronicle.com

Time Warner Cable Inc. is planning to offer more broadly a low-priced programming package that excludes sports channels including Walt Disney Co.'s ESPN.

The company will offer it in markets on the East Coast during the next few weeks, said Robert Marcus, president and chief operating officer of the New York City-based cable system.

The low-priced service may help Time Warner Cable stem losses of subscriptions from cash-strapped customers, Marcus said Wednesday at an investor conference sponsored by Goldman Sachs.

He did not identify specific markets where the service will be tried.

By carving out sports channels, which charge the highest fees, the company will be able to offer a package that costs $30 to $40 a month, he said. Time Warner Cable pay-TV bills averaged $73.50 a month at the end of June, according to data compiled by Bloomberg News.

Sounds great fir some but I have ti guess that Disney (ESPN0 Univeral (Vs) and the folks at the RSns have other ideas.

I am sure I am not in the majority but if Dish were to offer say the top 200 package minus all the sports channels for say $10 a month less I would be all over that since I NEVER watch any of them anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)