Tw Strikes Again!

fayrich

Old Fart
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2004
CLEVELAND, OHIO AREA
Amazingly saw yesterday that in the Cleveland/Elyria Ohio area that they had added UHD and ESPN2HD. Will wonders never cease?! But as the old saying goes, "give with one hand and take away with the other". I also noticed that at the same time they had taken down FSNHD. RATS!! UHD is nothing but a bunch of old retreads that are not real HD, and I will never watch that channel. For me the jury is out on ESPN2HD. Don't know if I will ever be watching there as of now. BUT--FSNHD carries the Cavs games(at least some of them) in HD. Had to watch last nights game on that awful quality analog SD channel 28. By the way - what the H* is going on with that channel 180 which is also listed as FSN but has just been a dead channel for many months now? What a waste of bandwidth! Granted, the basketball season is coming to an end, but losing this channel really sucks!

UHD is as real as HD gets. :) We could get into the "it doesn't fill up my screen so it couldn't possibly be HD" argument again, but yes it is real HD. And even then that is only Northern Exposure you are talking about. This channel was one of the several reasons I DIDN'T go with TWC when I upgraded to HD

See ya
Tony

Amazingly saw yesterday that in the Cleveland/Elyria Ohio area that they had added UHD and ESPN2HD. Will wonders never cease?! But as the old saying goes, "give with one hand and take away with the other". I also noticed that at the same time they had taken down FSNHD. RATS!! UHD is nothing but a bunch of old retreads that are not real HD, and I will never watch that channel. For me the jury is out on ESPN2HD. Don't know if I will ever be watching there as of now. BUT--FSNHD carries the Cavs games(at least some of them) in HD. Had to watch last nights game on that awful quality analog SD channel 28. By the way - what the H* is going on with that channel 180 which is also listed as FSN but has just been a dead channel for many months now? What a waste of bandwidth! Granted, the basketball season is coming to an end, but losing this channel really sucks!
FSN Ohio HD hasn't gone anywhere, they only put out a signal when there is a hi def event to show. If the cavs are scheduled to be in hi def they will turn on the channel. Up in Cleveland I doubt you will get much if any hd feeds via fsn ohio this summer, the reds are the only team to broadcast in hi def on fsn ohio this summer.

Can't agree with you on this brownclown. FSNHD has always been in the program grid even if there was nothing being broadcast. It is no longer there. Can't remember the channel # it was on, but ESPN2HD may have taken it's spot.

Can't agree with you on this brownclown. FSNHD has always been in the program grid even if there was nothing being broadcast. It is no longer there. Can't remember the channel # it was on, but ESPN2HD may have taken it's spot.
Sorry if that is the case, thats how twc columbus does it. The channel is dead until they put a cavs game or a blue jacket game on. Maybe your cable co took it off for the summer as there are no more cavs games in hd and the blue jackets season is over. FSN Ohio has no other hd broadcasts scheduled, only home market teams. Down here we get the reds in hd, do you get reds games on fsn ohio up there? If you don't, since the indians are on sto maybe they deleted it and will add it once hd broadcasting resumes in your market.
Of course, this is just a guess!!:)

We get the Indians only on STO brownclown. Hopefully FSNHD will re-appear next basketball season. Just wanted to add a comment on UHD. They have a series running called Surface. Belive that this was a NBC series running last season that was axed mid-stream and left hanging. We enjoyed that show and were disappointed that it went away. My question is: why in the H* would anyone buy this show in syndication after it was just left hanging there? Won't make any new friends for UHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts