TWC ~vs~ DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TWC or DISH

• TWC

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • DISH

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

torp74

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
South Texas
I am a somewhat unhappy DISH customer, and I got an add from TWC in the mail yesterday offering my "Surf 'N View" at $76.99. Currently I have TWC for my RR service, and DISH getting the top 200 package with DVR which all together goes for $127.89. So on the surface it looks like I can save $50 per month by going with TWC. Add in taxes and such let's say $42. Now add $7.99 for STB and $9.99 for DVR and now I'm down to saving $24 per month. $288 is a considerable savings over a years time. So I guess my questions are; 1. How does the channel lineup compare?, and 2. How do the DVR's compare?. I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback.

torp74

If you're not an HD customer, I'd go with whatever one is cheaper and it looks like TWC.

In KC, TWC has about half of the HD content that Dish has. Comcast charges about 30% more money per month for the same channels that you can get in a Dish Classic package. If you don't have a hi-def TV, that really doesn't matter. Are you eligible for ATT U-Verse or Verizon FiOS? I'd consider them a lot faster than TWC or Comcast, but they're really geographically limited.

I am a HD customer. I called TWC, and they estimate my monthly payment at $101 vice the $127 I am paying now. The channel lineup is close, but DISH has more HD channels (A bunch of them are BS though). I'm thinking saving $26 a month in this economy is not a bad thing. Customer sevrice from both is terrible so that is a push. I wonder if I can hook up an ext. harddrive using the TWC DVR? That could decide it right there.

torp

My Father in law has TWC. It flat out SUCKS. HD quaility is POOR, Channel offerings are limited. DVR ,Yea Right. If you want to take a step down, Go right ahead.
There is only 3 providers in MY opinion.
Dishnetwork, Directv and Fios.
All the rest are peanuts!

It depends completely where you live. Cable is really local. TWC in Area A. May not be anything like TWC in Area B. Your best bet is to just try TWC save the money for a bit and if you dont like it well you didnt lose anything, in fact you saved money for a few months and maybe will get a great deal when going back to Dish if you choose.

I wasn't impressed at all with NY City TWC. So if somewhere else is better , Post their Channel line up. I would love to see it.

Forget the lineup for a second, that new software (Mystro ?) for their boxes is horrific! My brother in Queens has TWC and he must reset that box at minimum once a week. If not in an apartment, he would have ditched them for Dish or Direct!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)