Twinhan 1027 and TSreader

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't know about TSReader Standard or Pro, but I downloaded TSReader Lite and it lacks a module for my 1025 as well. Probably we will need to build new modules for both. I don't know how difficult that is, but I do know that simply renaming the 1020a module doesn't work!

Without a valid module for the 1025, I couldn't get TSReader Lite to run at all without faking it out using a generic module with a "BDA" in the name. Unfortunately, IIRC that generic module also had "DBA-T" in the name, so that is unlikely to work with our -S cards.

If you paid for TSReader Standard or Professional, you can just ask cool.stf for a new module and you're done.

Do you know something I don't know? According to this, TSReader Standard is $99. According to this, TSReader Professional is $399.

TSReader Lite is free, but it only runs for 1 minute. The $29/$79 figures are for annual support after your 1st paid year.

Hate to say the obvious, but with software prices like that, if you are serious about running TSreader, you get the best card they support.

I know I got stuck with minimal support on a Twinhan USB Starbox.
MyTheatre for $40 was acceptable.
Most freebie software didn't work (or didn't work well).
I wasn't about to spend $100 on TSreader.
So, I bought a Twinhan 102g. (mostly so I could try DVBdream).

I bought a Twinhan 1020a. I heard that they overheat but it supports TSReader. So TSReader Lite doesn't have all the functions available?

For those that use TSreader, what cards would you recommend? Any other hardware that might be fun with it (genpix/8psk stuff?)

I am interested in playing with it but it would be nice to know what those here are using and their experiences with it.

So, I bought a Twinhan 102g. (mostly so I could try DVBdream).
Do you still have the 102g, and do you still run DVBdream on your DP34? If so, how exactly did you configure it? I have never gotten it to scan any of my bandstacked frequencies, despite selecting an LNB type with "bandstacked" and "DP" in the title. :mad:

On the plus side, it's insanely great for freeware. If I ever get it to work with my DP34, I'm definitely going to send the author a contribution.

Well, ya got me now.
I'm feeling like the bumblebee.
The one who doesn't know he shouldn't be able to fly. :rolleyes:
I just installed DVDdream, and configured it to whatever docs I could find.
That was nine months ago. I've been sidetracked with other projects since.
While I could record with it, there wasn't much on NASA I cared to keep. :cool:
And I got MyTheatre running bandstacked on both the 102g and the Starbox USB.

Hookup to the DP34 was just to get familiarized with the hardware and software.

The Satpros 500 FTA receiver arrived back in March (?), and I gave it a break-in run the same way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)