Two 622's, one phone line??

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I asked this question in another forum and was told that as long as my first 622 has a phone line plugged in, the second 622 would not need a line. I think that's the Dishcomm or something. Anyway, I recently moved the furniture around in my bedroom and the phone jack is on the other side of the room from my receiver. So I left it unplugged. After a few days, I woke up this morning with a message saying that unless I plug a line into the receiver, I would have a monthly charge added to my bill.

Is there anything in the menu I need to change in order for this process to work properly?

make sure you have the 2nd one set to REMOTE in the telephone setup screen after you set up DishCOMM between them and they see each other.

I have the same setup. The host 622 plugged into a phone line and a UPS. Didn't do anything in the setup on that one. On the second 622 I added the R00 # from the host to the list and changed it to "receiver" and hit test and it came back online green. The caller ID didn't work until I went into the phone setup menu and changed it to (and I can't remember this at the moment) I think modem. Plus you have to turn the caller ID on.

in the phone line setup for the "remote" set the modem to Remote.

Works great for me with my 2 622's plugged into the wall.

Anyone get the dishcomm to work between two recievers plugged into surge protectors? We get some bad storms here in the summertime and I don't want to risk my 622's by just plugging them into the wall.

So one final question and I should have this cleared up. Do I run the Dishcomm setup on the receiver that will continue to have the phone line, OR the receiver that will NOT have the phone line, or BOTH receivers?? Thanks.

Both receivers.

Make sure you run the test on both.

Also make sure you do the phone-line setup to remote on the one without the phone connection.

...two recievers plugged into surge protectors? We get some bad storms here in the summertime and I don't want to risk my 622's by just plugging them into the wall.
Off-topic: Just FYI, the typical $10-15 surge suppressor will do little to nothing against a storm, i.e. lightning strike.

This is what the tech support (AKA idiots) told me today about this feature: Its available, but they do not have any information about it. Just what it does, etc but no trouble tech info.

You got lucky.

I had to educate the CS rep the other day about what DishComm was. She thought I was talking about "dish.com". :rolleyes:

She could not give me any info on what surge suppressors are compatible with DishComm.

I got my upgrade 622 yesterday and hope to play with DishComm and phone lines over the next few days. In theory it should work but I haven't seen many success storys that include surge suppressors.

-Funk

Okay, I have the second 622 up and running, but I'm also getting error 742 on both of them.

Is it because both are plugged into a surge protector (not the same one obviously)?

When power is interrupted to my 622 it takes about 10 minutes before it will reboot. I can't see running it without an UPS.

Found my solution. I don't like it one bit either.

Both 622s are plugged directly into the wall. I guess I will need to get DishCOMM approved surge protectors.

At least I have the DHPP just in case....

Should I Wait till 8/15

Dish service: Virgin America (VX)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)