Should I Wait till 8/15

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pgski

Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Hoping someone with a calculator can figure this out. I am considering coming back to Dish. I know about some of the new deals beginning Aug. 15. Not sure if I know all though. Are the offers be better now or after Aug. 15. as far as total package cost, discounts etc.?

depends on if your wants as far as premium movie channels and HD are concerned. Or if you want a DVR with just basic AT100 programing...

HD - act now
movies - wait
dvr advantage w/ AT100 =$39.99 - wait

See the 'new to dish' thread above. I think I milked the sales rep for every deal possible. I'll summarize (although the sticky does a pretty good job as well):

I had to:
- sign-up for 18 mo commitment (no big deal..its for my parents and they aren't going anywhere)* The $13.33/mo pro-rated early exit penatly applies
- commit to 200/ch month minimum
- commit to HD (for cheap DVR below)

In return I got:
- locked-in "monthly rates" until jan 09 for tier, dvr monthly rental, etc.
- on-site repairs/replacement of anything that breaks for FREE for 18 months* This is huge as my parents need something 'like cable' where they can make a call & someone shows up to fix stuff. Given how many times the replay broke on them and the fact I'm 550 miles away..having DISH show up to replace the DVR is a huge plus.
- $49.99 install fee waived due to 18 mo commit.
- $20/mo off bill (MIR) for 10 months due to (a) getting HD and (b) getting 200/channels
- Additional 'bouncy' rebate of another $20/mo off bill (MIR) for months 11-20 but you have to mail it in later; you can't mail both in the day of the install.

Fees (for first 20 months):
- $41.99/mo for 200/ch & HD
- $5.00/mo for local
- $3.00/mo for HD DVR (622) rental..with the 100/ch plan I think the DVR is $5.98/mo

So aside from taxes, our monthly bill should be $49.99 and after 20 months, it would go up to $69.99.

The risk you face waiting until Aug 15 is a potential overhaul of the deals/specials currently going on. Could be good..could be bad. My gut tells me they're going to tout the new 722 and HD channels as a reason to slightly increase rates or change the HD pricing model completely. Thats based on absolutely NO HARD EVIDENCE so take that with a grain of salt.

PS WIth a 30-day opt-out; you could sign-up now..set your install date to be aug 16..then bail on the deal the day before if you see something better on the 15th. That way you can protect yourself either way.

nyvram:

That's good idea (set install date to Aug 16th)!

Is there an option for returning dish customer (more than 3 years) NOT to commit 18-months at all?

I to am trying to work a deal to return to Dish .My sales guy told me to sign up under my wifes cell number .I need three dvrs, the 250 channel package ,locals and hd .We have been talking for over two weeks and know I can't get him on the phone he even left me the number and extension.We never even talked price.I read on the forums be careful of hidden costs and fees.Anybody got any ideas.or a number to call .

I to am trying to work a deal to return to Dish .My sales guy told me to sign up under my wifes cell number .I need three dvrs, the 250 channel package ,locals and hd .We have been talking for over two weeks and know I can't get him on the phone he even left me the number and extension.We never even talked price.I read on the forums be careful of hidden costs and fees.Anybody got any ideas.or a number to call .

HUh? Wife cell number?? But, they need a SSN and that's unique and that's how they tag you as an ex-customer and the deal usually not as good as brand new.

RockinHARD26,

SHAZAM , I didn't realize the current offer was ending on 14th. Are you sure it's not the 13th or the 12th. Gosh I'm so confused. I guess I need to do the math.

nyvram:

I think your package is $42.99 for AT200 + HD not $41.99 isn't it?
Is this the same as the DVR advantage deal bundled in?

nyvram:

I think your package is $42.99 for AT200 + HD not $41.99 isn't it?
Is this the same as the DVR advantage deal bundled in?

Entirely possible. I'm in Monroe,LA right now and I copied all this info into notepad on my PC in Nashville so I was going from memory when I rattled off that post.

The one thing I am sure of is the $49.99...I think. I guess I'll see the breakdown tomorrow morning when the installer shows up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts