DIU a 622 or wait for 722

jmjunkin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I was going to DIU my 211 for a second 622 on August 12. That will be when I am eligible for the current promotion for the 100 dollar rebate and the 622 should cost me 49$ with 18 month commit. With the new info Scott gave today on the 722 would I be better off waiting to get a 722 or should I get a second 622. I guess I am scared the 622 will be obsolete soon now that the 722 is coming out. Getting a 622 for 49$ seems like a good deal but not if I have to DIU both 622's in a year. Suggestions?

I am in the exact same situation you are in.

I was wondering since the 622 will be leased if we want to upgrade to the 722 after it comes out, will we have to wait for the 18 month commitment to finish or will we be able to upgrade at anytime?

Also it looks like the only thing we will not have is the HD VOD.

The 722 does have more recording space but if we get External hard drive support then it is no big deal. I just wonder what price we will have to pay to get the 722. If I knew DISH was not going to forget about the 622 I would not hesitate because I dont care about VOD or HD VOD.

I remember when the VIP receivers first came out it was about 200$ to upgrade to them. So I would guess it would be similar.

I also don't care about VOD or HD VOD, I would rather have a HD-DVD player or a Blu-ray player.

1) New customers will probably get first dibs on any 722 units so the longer you can hold out, the better. I'll bet existing customers will NOT get a 722 as part of any deal for a month or more.

2) The 622 will NOT be obsolete anytime soon.

Chances are I wont get a 722 for 49$ anytime soon like I can with the 622. I will probably go ahead and get the 622 on August 12 before the promotion is up. Thanks.

I will likely just move my 622 to the bedroom and put a 722 in the main room.

But unless some significant features come out, I'll be happy with the 622.

I'm not sure if this factors into things (DIU promo), but I just received a memo from my RSP office stating that the 722 will hold 350 hours SD/55 hours HD vs. 200SD/30HD for the 622.

Was this mentioned by Scott G. or anyone else in any other post????????

Stickies? Oh, you mean I'm supposed to read thru those zillion pages? :p LOL

Call me misinformed, I just thought the only difference between the 622 and 722 was the larger harddrive for PPV. Guess this is why I need to read more often on here, huh.

Ahhh, thanks for the link. Unless Dish extends their current promotion I would be sorely tempted to simply get the 622 a few days before the end of the promotion and then somehow create a situation where you would have to have the 622 RA'd for a 722 (fib that it broke down...short it out...something).

***note, I said "tempted"*** LOL

They will have plenty of refurb'd 622s waiting for you, don't worry. :D I mean, people with 522s that fail still get 522s to replace them, instead of a 625, do they not ??

Last edited:
722 Deal for Existing Subs

I spoke to a dish rep a few days ago that said I could upgrade my 942 to a 622 for $149 - $100 - $10 month. She also said that on 8/15 I could get the same deal on a 722. She suggested I wait. I guess we will see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)