Two antennas into one...can I do this?

No Dice...

Yep, splitter in reverse. To answer another question, one is a UHF, the other UHF/VHF. In service about three years.

KAB,
Tried the splitter in reverse, didn't work for me. I was able to pick up WHAS (VHF) but none of the other digital channels from the other antenna. I'm going to get that UHF/VHF combiner and try that. If that doesn't work I think I'll look into getting a new antenna that has both UHF/VHF built right in.

Ghpr13:confused:

KAB,
Tried the splitter in reverse, didn't work for me. I was able to pick up WHAS (VHF) but none of the other digital channels from the other antenna. I'm going to get that UHF/VHF combiner and try that. If that doesn't work I think I'll look into getting a new antenna that has both UHF/VHF built right in.

I'm using the antenna in my sig from Highview and have no problem picking up WHAS along with all the other stations.

Winegard HD 9095P UHF Yagi Style HDTV TV Antenna (HD9095P) - Winegard - HD-9095P - 615798317539

This antenna has a VHF input if you need to add one. But in my experience you will not need it.

This antenna is located outside and drives all my receivers and TVs barefoot. No amp needed.

KAB,

Depending on where you are located, a combo UHF/VHF antenna should do you just fine. Am in the Highlands area and using a Rat Shack outdoor combo (had them in stock and can return if they don't work) and receive all the locals including WHAS (all of the sub-channels as well) with no problems. I think if you replace your antenna with a combo you will do just fine.

I'm using the antenna in my sig from Highview and have no problem picking up WHAS along with all the other stations.

Winegard HD 9095P UHF Yagi Style HDTV TV Antenna (HD9095P) - Winegard - HD-9095P - 615798317539

This antenna has a VHF input if you need to add one. But in my experience you will not need it.

This antenna is located outside and drives all my receivers and TVs barefoot. No amp needed.

Depending on where you are located, a combo UHF/VHF antenna should do you just fine. Am in the Highlands area and using a Rat Shack outdoor combo (had them in stock and can return if they don't work) and receive all the locals including WHAS (all of the sub-channels as well) with no problems. I think if you replace your antenna with a combo you will do just fine.

gdarwin & Mike0616,
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I'm tending to think getting a new antenna will be the answer to my problems. I figure that the combiner will cost me about $5.00 to try first. If it does work great, if not then I'll spen the cash on a new antenna.
gdarwin, I rent the house I live in so I wanted to try all other options before I ask about installing an antenna on our roof. My landlord is really decent so I don't think there would be a problem with him, but the other problem is I'm disable so crawling around in the attic I can handle, but I can't manage on the roof.
Hey, thank you both again. I'll post back after I get the combiner.
Take care,
Ghpr13:)

the local ABC station, WHAS 11.01 will not tune in with out a lot of microblocking and freeze ups.

I had the same problem I moved the anttena and wave3 is doing it now however I think thats because I am out in oldham county on a high hill and only about 10 miles from the transmitter.

Have you checked out the new WAZOO on 11.3?

I had the same problem I moved the anttena and wave3 is doing it now however I think thats because I am out in oldham county on a high hill and only about 10 miles from the transmitter.

I used Crestwood zip of 40014 and it indicates you are 20 miles from the Knobs on antennaweb.org. If you are on a high hill you should have line of sight to the transmitters. A good antenna should fix your problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)