Two Hopper 3's allowed on one account?

Question. Two residences: AZ (Winter - Nov to May) and WA (Summer - May to Nov). Twenty year DISH customer.Upgraded to Hopper 3 in November with two year contact of course.

Box up receiver every six months and reconnect myself. Will now have to self install the Hybrid West Arc LNBF and Solo Hub in WA. No problem with that.

Attempted obtaining a second Hopper 3 from DISH for WA location. No they said, need second account. Thus will purchase second Hopper 3, connect/activate now in AZ, concurrently put DISH owned Hopper 3 on suspension (vacation) mode till November when arrive back in AZ. Take owned, programmed Hopper 3 to WA, install, contact Dish for service location, use till November, then put owned Hopper 3 on suspension (vacation) mode till May.

Any problem with this? Anyone know if I can persuade DISH to send me another Hopper 3 to take to WA?

If you will own both Hopper 3s, there is no reason to put one on vacation, in fact it wouldn't work. Vacation is for an account, not a receiver. Simply deactivate the first one and activate the second one. When you go back to the other location, reverse it. Dish is not going to give you the second Hopper 3, even if you owned the first one. Once again, even if they did you would be not able to deactivate it without returning the receiver or shutting off service for period (vacation).

As others have stated you would not be able to have the two Hopper3 receivers in two different locations at the same time. That would be considered account stacking. Since you are moving twice a year, why would you not consider taking the Hopper3 with you between your two locations. The Hopper3 would be fairly easy to carry.

Reactions: Tampa8 and bspei

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)