Two Hopper 3's for use of four screen PIP on second Hopper 3.

gislands

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
California
Hey all,

So I know this question has been asked before, but I wanted to ask it specific to my setup. I have a mancave style setup in my garage with three 4K Joey's connected to three tv's. The good news is these are all within about 30 feet of the node and dishes. I have the extra dish to get the international channels/horse racing also. I think it is 118.8, Anik F3. I might be mistaken.

Then my main Hopper three is about 80 feet away in the living room. So my question is, how easy would it be to add an additional Hopper 3 in the garage near the node/dishes? I can also replace one of the 4k Joeys if needed, or just add the new Hopper 3. I don't mind paying the extra service fee if I have to.

The main reason I want another Hopper 3 is to get the quad screen split picture in a picture for a projector I have set up. I WISH that the 4K Joeys supported that, like they originally were supposed to back when this whole system came out, but that is not the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, what is the status on Dish activating a Hopper 3 I were to buy myself? If it helps I have been with Dish for like 18 years.

So here is my current setup breakdown again:
Garage:
Three 4K Joey's ran off of splitters I believe. All are 20-30 feet away from node and dishes. This is where I want another Hopper 3.
Living room:
Hopper 3. I want to keep it here because I like having the quad PIP split here also.

Thanks!

Hey all,

So I know this question has been asked before, but I wanted to ask it specific to my setup. I have a mancave style setup in my garage with three 4K Joey's connected to three tv's. The good news is these are all within about 30 feet of the node and dishes. I have the extra dish to get the international channels/horse racing also. I think it is 118.8, Anik F3. I might be mistaken.

Then my main Hopper three is about 80 feet away in the living room. So my question is, how easy would it be to add an additional Hopper 3 in the garage near the node/dishes? I can also replace one of the 4k Joeys if needed, or just add the new Hopper 3. I don't mind paying the extra service fee if I have to.

The main reason I want another Hopper 3 is to get the quad screen split picture in a picture for a projector I have set up. I WISH that the 4K Joeys supported that, like they originally were supposed to back when this whole system came out, but that is not the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, what is the status on Dish activating a Hopper 3 I were to buy myself? If it helps I have been with Dish for like 18 years.

So here is my current setup breakdown again:
Garage:
Three 4K Joey's ran off of splitters I believe. All are 20-30 feet away from node and dishes. This is where I want another Hopper 3.
Living room:
Hopper 3. I want to keep it here because I like having the quad PIP split here also.

Thanks!

You will need to add a DPH42 switch that Dish may or may not provide. You would have to buy the second Hopper 3 and maybe the switch, but other than that it shouldn't be a problem.

If you have a good local retailer you should contact them to make it painless. :)

Which Dish do you have currently?? Just 1000+ with DPP 500+ and DP Dual? Or a 1000.2 DPH LNBF with 1000+ with DP500+ LNBF?? (You can look at the LNB's to see which you have if you're not sure. There's a sticker under the "eyes".) Are you pointing SE or SW? The reason I ask is that while you will need a 42 switch, you may already have one if you have the first dish I mentioned, which would make things easier to install

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)