Two hopper system and no joey is possible

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
Tuesday the tech came out and asked you're wanting one hopper and one Joey and I said no a 2nd hopper and no joeys. I said its notated in my account that is what I am getting . He said to give him 5 -10 mins while he talks to customer service. He got the order modified. After that ran another line along the top of the roof to our bedroom. At first logos for channels were not showing up but after I rebooted it, they appeared just fine. It's nice to have 5 tuners instead of just 2 with prime time enabled on the hopper in the living room. Glad it's the same price as a Joey though. Way to get it done is to speak to the loyalty department and say you want another hopper and to take the Joey back.

Rep gave it to me for 100 bucks, considering the 1st rep wanted to charge 250.00. The guy I spoke with Saturday said he noticed I paid 300 for the hopper and Joey and thought he would give me a price break on it. Plus that's the price I told him I was quoted on the chat with the rep. The guy in the loyalty department couldn't have been nicer.

Just to make sure everyone understands this correctly. He already had a hopper/Joey system installed, and upgraded to add a second hopper and remove the Joey. He didn't get 2 hoppers and 0 joeys on initial install.

On another note, the tech ran the cable on top of your roof? As in laying on top? And you let him?

This folks, is what you call a bad tech.

Well he didn't lay it on top... The cable is along the siding underneath the gutters... It's secure so it's not laying there. I went back and looked at it. Yes I already had one hopper and Joey already.

Just to make sure everyone understands this correctly. He already had a hopper/Joey system installed, and upgraded to add a second hopper and remove the Joey. He didn't get 2 hoppers and 0 joeys on initial install.

On another note, the tech ran the cable on top of your roof? As in laying on top? And you let him?

This folks, is what you call a bad tech.

Thank you for the clarification. A casual read could lead to the wrong conclusion.

dishfan82 said:
Well he didn't lay it on top... The cable is along the siding underneath the gutters... It's secure so it's not laying there. I went back and looked at it. Yes I already had one hopper and Joey already.

Ah, OK. That sounds a lot better. Heh.

navychop said:
Thank you for the clarification. A casual read could lead to the wrong conclusion.

Yeah, I would just hate for someone to glance over the post and get the wrong conclusion, resulting in a bad experience with customer service.

Last edited: