Two Houses hopefully one service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

baltimoreravens

Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
We installed Dish at a summer home in Delaware. The wife and kids will be coming back to our suburban Baltimore home soon for school. We have Comcast in the Baltimore area. No phone line in Delaware property. We would like to add Dish to the Baltimore home and dump Comcast. I have one HD receiver and 1 two line regular receiver. Will need 6 TV's. I can carry a receiver back and forth for the odd weekend to Delaware during the winter. What is the best method to get Dish installed in Baltimore, move the receivers I have and just take a receiver on the odd weekend? Basically I would like to have a dish at both places but only one location bill. The complicating factor is that CBS and ABC would not grant a waiver, and I will need CBS for football. Thanks for any and all ideas.

Which ever location will give you the best stations, ABC WAIVER, etc. Use that for your primary/Service Address, use the other location for billing address.

We are in the same situation. We have our service address as lake house, but have all the equipment at the other house, which is not available for a waiver. A just bought my own equipment, installed my own dish at the other place and carry the receivers back and forth. The only problem I have is if I call dish, they go to the lake house.

You can get new 311 SD Receivers for $99, nice for bedrooms.

I have two quad legacy dishes because I have 7 receivers, I am sure someone can tell you what equipment to get for your main house setup.

You might be able to get a dish installer to install on the side for cash, then just get some receivers on e-bay. If you go e-bay, make sure you go with a seller with a large positive feedback.

You might be able to do the Dishmover deal, just signup with wifes name at new location.

cdru said:
Technically you would be in voilation of Dish's TOS. They require a seperate accout for each residence.

And if they catch you, you will permanently lose any receiver you cannot verify.

I am only at one place or the other, same goes for receivers. What is the difference between that and taking them camping on the weekends ? I do not have two recievers at one house all the time and a few at the other house al the time. The couple I take come home with us we when go.

I know numerous people who take their equipment with them (Snow birds) for 3 months a year, some camp in RV for that time, some have a house trailer. Dish is aware of this and have even helped them adjust the locals for the area they are currently in.

This question came up on the last Retailer Chat. Jim clearly stated that you can take your receiver from home to your weekend or vacation home and then bring it back. He said if you wanted to leave it at your vacation home, then a second account would be required.

ats7627 said:
This question came up on the last Retailer Chat. Jim clearly stated that you can take your receiver from home to your weekend or vacation home and then bring it back. He said if you wanted to leave it at your vacation home, then a second account would be required.
It was also stated in a Charlie Chat last spring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts