Two in One ( Satellite Receiver & TV Set )

al_madhi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi , guys I remember 8 years ago my brother-in-law used to have a satellite receiver & TV sat in one unit brought it from Germany , I do not remember its name & model , when it became not working he disposed it , Can anybody tell me do they still manufacture these kinds of units .

Best Regards

al_madhi said:
Hi , guys I remember 8 years ago my brother-in-law used to have a satellite receiver & TV sat in one unit brought it from Germany , I do not remember its name & model , when it became not working he disposed it , Can anybody tell me do they still manufacture these kinds of units .

Best Regards

Not in any of the newer models here in the states that I have seen. For a couple of models years ago there was a bundled Directv receiver in them but the manufacturers have shied away from embedded receivers.

The proliferation of DVR's has made integrating difficult to do

But even though they aren't here anymore, they are supposed to be comming to America again. The first of such you'll probably see is a Samsung 13" (but they are supposed to get bigger from other manufacturers), if you can wait.

One problem you find with this type of senario is that with the Sat receivers constantly changing and upgrading, I would find the all in one set ups a dying breed.

It was a nice idea when it started, but no longer very practical.

Jimbo