Two Minneapolis TV stations to change broadcast channel lineup Tuesday

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
courtesy of northpine

FOX 9 (KMSP) and My 29 (WFTC) will consolidate their channels under then channel 9 banner next week, matching a strategy used by two other station groups in town. FOX will air on 9.1 and 9.9, My 29 will air on 9.2, Movies! will air on 9.3, and Bounce will air on 9.4. The change will take place Tuesday (6/24) at 10 a.m. It's not immediately clear which channels will come from which RF frequencies. Currently, 9.1 (FOX) and 29.2 (WFTC SD simulcast) originate on RF channel 9 while 9.2 (KMSP-SD), 29.1 (My), 29.3 (Bounce), and 29.4 (Movies!) originate on RF channel 29. Digital VHF signals have proven to be more difficult to receive with indoor antennas. KTCA/KTCI (channel 2) and KSTP-TV/KSTC-TV (channel 5) already use a similar setup of two stations both remapping to the same primary channel, though all four of those stations broadcast on UHF frequencies.

and per another link I read
Next Tuesday we will be upgrading our digital signals on KMSP and WFTC.

As you know, we have had problems with KMSP reception in some homes because the signal is on the VHF frequency. So we will be moving KMSP to the UHF frequency Tuesday around 10 AM. WFTC stays on UHF, insuring that both stations will offer the best signals possible.

In addition, we are grouping our digital stations into a “neighborhood,” similar to what other television stations have done in this market.

The new, upgraded digital channel lineup for KMSP AND WTFC is as follows:
· 9.1 KMSP HD
· 9.2 WFTC HD
· 9.3 Movies! SD (not available in HD)
· 9.4 Bounce SD (not available in HD)
· 9.9 KMSP HD

I wonder if they will put 9-1 on UHF and 9-9 on VHF? I highly doubt they will give up the VHF signal. As noted above right now RF9 has 9-1 (FOX HD) and 29-2 (MY SD) and RF29 has 29-1 (MY HD) and 9-2 (FOX SD)

per TripinVA from a post at avs here is how it will be set up

RF29 9-1 Fox9 in HD
RF29 9-2 My29 in HD
RF29 9-3 Movies!
RF9 9-4 Bounce
RF9 9-9 Fox9 in HD

Hope Tribune gets the update quick as this will completelly screw up Tivos

what a clusterf*ck but its finally fixed. Tribune had screwed it up worse with wrong guide info but its finally fixed.

The Folks at avs were having a cardiac that the guide info took 2 days (TWO DAYS) to fix

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)