Two more sudden oddities

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chaddux

Insert Clever Phrase Here
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 19, 2004
DMA 114
Today, after being off all day, the 522 began displaying a switch error message on TV2 when TV1 was turned on. TV2 was simply displaying the bouncing logo screensaver when it popped up the message. A Check Switch showed no problems but it continues to display each time both tuners are turned off and TV1 turned back on. All TVs work, though. DISH says it is a known software issue. The CSR said the next software is due mid-month.

Second odd behavior that started today: without being prompted, the information screen (normally displays when you change the channel) pops up on screen. It has happened twice now. Anyone else noticing this issue?

I have seen the switch problem once. I cancelled a screen, or shut off the receiver (I can't remember which). I haven't seen the problem again.

chaddux said:
Second odd behavior that started today: without being prompted, the information screen (normally displays when you change the channel) pops up on screen. It has happened twice now. Anyone else noticing this issue?
Sound like you mean the channel banner (across the top)? If it's that, I haven't seen that myself.

But if you're talking about the program information screen (big centered square), that one shows up at weird times when the 522 doesn't quite receive the UHF remote's keypress properly. Like if its batteries are too weak, it's too far away, or there's too much interference in between. And since it was without being prompted, maybe it was just random RF interference from somewhere (though unlikely), or maybe a neighbor just got him/herself a new 522. :p

I do mean the channel banner. And this is TV1 which is not controlled by a UHF remote. Plus, when it was doing it, the IR remote hadnt been pressed in a half hour and a full hour, respectively.

I came home to the switch error one day, told me I needed to run some test or something. I just hit the cancel button and I've been ok since then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts