Two NBC Broadcast ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Triride44

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2021
South Point Ohio USA

My 1st post here. No problems with my OTA TV reception, just wondering if someone can explain the following to me. The local NBC affiliate WSAZ (3.1) broadcast on RF-22 from barkers ridge (Cabell County WV). Recently I starting getting a second broadcast of WSAZ (3.10 ) on RF-24. Same program in HD just from a different location (Coal Mountain Putman Country WV). Before the last repack RF-24 was the local FOX affiliate.

Sinclair owns both the local ABC & FOX affiliates. When Sinclair moved both to RF-29, I hoped that meant the ATSC 3.0 broadcast of ABC & FOX would be on RF-24. WSAZ prides itself with being the first local TV station, first color broadcast in this part of the country. Flat & Scruggs did their show from WSAZ before Nashville got color. Just wondering what's going on. I tried emailing the station engineer at WSAZ but the link dosenb't work. Any suggestions or guess.

It looks like virtual channel "03.10" (NBC) is broadcasting on likely leased RF sub-channel 24.8 as a repeater for the Putnam County area that presumably has poor reception from the "home" channel tower on RF 22. Apparently you're in between them in an area good overlapping coverage.

Reactions: c-spand
I don't that is it, they both have the same coverage area. Both are between Charleston and Huntington WV and only 18 miles apart.

Will ATSC 3.0 have better or less coverage for the same ERP ? Maybe WSAZ is planning on using the Putman County broadcast for ATSC 1.0 and the Barker ridge Broadcast for ATSC 3.0

Reactions: c-spand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)