Two receivers - One cable

Joe Satellite Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Palisade, Colorado
I've done a lot of searching and just get more confused the more I search. I think the solution is simple, but not sure. I have a 211k that I use in my camper. It's hooked to a 1000.4 and I've got real good at setting up everything. We just bought a new 5th wheel and it has separate inputs for the living room and bedroom. I would like to be able to use a splitter of some sort and split signal from the dish to each location at the 5ers inputs. I'd do this only on long trips and I have a separate 211k that i could take out of the house so we could watch two different "channels". Is this something simple or really complicated?

Just want the wife happy on those long trips. I understand that I may only be able to get 119 and 110 once out of my spotbeam location (Western Colorado), but that is ok with me.

Easy answer is no. You have to have a direct feed from the dish to the box. Maybe a switch of somesort would help but would need more details. NO SPLITTER

No splitters, that is true. But the 1000.4 has 3 outputs. You could in principle hook up 3 dual tuner receivers if each has a separate feed back to the dish.

I'm confused by this. My receiver has one cable from the dish split for the SAT1 and SAT2 connections. Wouldn't connecting 2 separate receivers fall under the same principle?

I'm confused by this. My receiver has one cable from the dish split for the SAT1 and SAT2 connections. Wouldn't connecting 2 separate receivers fall under the same principle?

You're using a DPP Separator, which is not the same as a splitter. The OP would need a separate line run for the other receiver, a splitter will not work

Ok, then, would a DPP separator work with multiple receivers then? Just trying to understand.

Could it work with some simple changes to how DPP, separators and receivers are set up? Maybe.

Does it? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Will losing sleep developing personal theories change this? No.

I suspect that the DPP separator, like conventional switchgear, can't deal with requests from two masters.

Unless I'm completely out to lunch, the separator is nothing but a diplexer with the crossover frequency between bandstacked bands, rather than between OTA and sat signals. This means it doesn't deal with requests at all; it's passive.

But I agree; there's probably something that could be done to single tuner DP receivers that could handle the DPP signalling on the sat2 output of a separator. They reportedly work already on the sat1 output.

Inquiring minds will ask how to accomplish something.

Insane minds will present the same stimulus repeatedly and each time hope for a different response.
Not what I was doing at all. The only reason I responded the 2nd time was I used the wrong terminology (splitter vs. DPP Separator) and was just getting clarification.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts