Two UHF remotes paired to one receiver?

mattopia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2005
Parma, OH
Hi all!

I came across a second 722 recently. My first one is in single mode connected to a single TV, so I have no use for the UHF remote.

My second one I will be installing in my basement rec room, which means I'll easily be able to feed the TV2 home distribution to the analog TV's I have in two bedrooms.

My question is... The two bedrooms that will have minimal use. I'd ideally like to pair BOTH of my UHF remotes to the basement receiver, so I can leave a remote in each bedroom. I understand they could "fight" with each other, but really there will never be anyone watching both TVs at the same time.

Can this be done?

Sure, the DVR doesn't care where its commands come from - just be sure they're both on the same address (see your manual to set the address).

Brad

Sure, I do it. Just set the code on the 2 remotes to the UHF code for the receiver you want to control.

That's exactly what I was planning to do, with a little twist. Set the AUX buttons on those UHF remotes to the same control code as the IR remote for tuner 1. Use some of those IR remote extender pyramids and then control both tuners on my 622 from anywhere in the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)