U-VERSE DISASTER

Right now it is limited to 2 hd streams. Things are moving rapidly with U-verse. I was told that 4 streams will be in many markets(Chicago included) by years end.

SO I HAVE UVERSE COMING NEXT TUESDAY(2-4PM) FOR AN INSTALL OF ALL 3 OF THEIR SERVICES. DO YOU HAVE ANY POINTERS REGARDING CAT 5 CABLING VS COAX, I CURRENTLY HAVE COAX THRU OUT THE HOUSE. ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO INSTALL? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE SINGLE DVR AND THE LIMITED RECORDING CAPABILITIES. I'M NOT SURE THAT I SHOULDN'T WAIT TIL 4 HD STREAMS ARE AVAILABLE OR GO NOW. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY TIPS OR INSIGHT YOU CAN OFFER REGARDING THE SERVICE.

the decision to coax or cat5 id usually made by the installer; if your coax tests good, they will probably use it. It will take between 3-6 hours, depending on what they have to do, so plan on that for the install. If they upgrade to four HD streams you will automatically be upgraded so why wait?
also please turn off your cap lock when posting here...

The installation problem isn't with the installers per se. It's with ATT and their messed up organization and faulty scheduling software. I lost D* in the hurricane when I had to move to the north side of the apt bldg. My original U-verse install date was 11/11. I came home at lunch and waited the 2 hours. No tech. When I called the guy said he saw why - there is some glitch in the scheduling SW that shows the install in one place but not another. Install date #2 was 11/16. ATT called more than a day later to tell me there were no open slots on 11/16. Next appt scheduled for 11/29. I got some funky robo-call from ATT that made me call them again to see if it was actually scheduled. Turns out the back office had canceled that one, too, because the rep had put the ticket in wrong. Something about having to set it further out and then reset it with urgency for an earlier date. The guy showed up on 11/29, brought the wrong receiver and did the install. He was able to call and get the acct updated and brought a DVR up from the truck so I wasn't stuck with something I didn't order.

When all was said & done, I got my rate adjusted down 3 times, the original $100 rebate, an additional $60 discount applied over 3 mos for taking off work to wait for them and a VISA $100 gift card for having my appts canceled 3 times. Granted, I haven't seen the bill yet to see exactly how that all works out, nor have I received the gift card yet. However, I'm being an optimist and hoping the discounts were the *one thing* that got done right out of all this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts