rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
Saw this over at DSLReports, AT&T VDSL2 Line Bonding Trials Slip Into 2009 - Modem issues resulted in several year plan delay... - dslreports.com

'We recently spoke to AT&T about offering faster U-Verse speeds at greater loop lengths via pair bonding, the telco insisting that things were on schedule for 2008 (after originally targeting 2007). Privately though, analysts told us that the testing for VDSL2 line bonding modems wasn't going so well, and the technology probably wouldn't be ready until later in 2009. Telephony Online (who for some reason decided to start requiring registration) confirms that AT&T trials of bonded VDSL2 have officially slipped into 2009, surprising nobody. Theoretically, bonded VDSL2 may be able to provide 40Mbps at 5,000 feet but that's yet to be proven in the field.'

that would be awesum if they did...
I am close to my Vrad, so I have no issues, but it would be nice to get another HD stream into the house..
My neighbor is a Verizon Exec here in the Dallas area. I was invited over for a Chistmas party and he is running an insane 100/20 (beta). Heck I still remember using an old 300 baud acustic coupler at work, and buying my very own 1200bps modem...the thought of Verizon offering 100/20, 200/50 and higher speeds in the next couple years is mind blowing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)