U-Verse TV??

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
So got a promo offer so what is everyone thoughts with them as far as their TV service goes. I been happy with their Internet and home phone and looks like they can do 1080P instead of 720p. Also they told me that their HDDVR comes with at least 1TB drive now or you have to request it. So how does their Apps work as far as watching live TV so forth. So what's everyone thoughts on their latest HDVR as far as the interface so forth?? I was told they were looking into 4K so will have to wait and see on that.

So got a promo offer so what is everyone thoughts with them as far as their TV service goes. I been happy with their Internet and home phone and looks like they can do 1080P instead of 720p. Also they told me that their HDDVR comes with at least 1TB drive now or you have to request it. So how does their Apps work as far as watching live TV so forth. So what's everyone thoughts on their latest HDVR as far as the interface so forth?? I was told they were looking into 4K so will have to wait and see on that.
While I can't speak for U-verse service, per se, I can say that any concerns you have for high-definition resolution are really only for things like movies, which you're going to be more beholden to your Internet provider and/or content provider of choice than for the video aspects of U-verse itself.

In other words, you won't get broadcast 1080p any time soon, because most broadcasters don't have the facilities to handle this level of output (it's all 1080i/720p at this point). And regarding 4K, everyone in the industry -- whether cable or satco -- is merely trialing the service, typically through one channel or via a handful of movies.

Again, you're better off concentrating on focusing on ISP and either Amazon, AppleTV, or something Google-specific if you want true 1080p today.

Just my few cents.

Yeah was just wondering what people thought of their service that is the ones that have it is all.. :)

I've had UVerse Phone, Internet and TV for over two years now and I absolutely love it! I wish I could get faster speeds than 18Mbps, that's the only negative. The PQ on the HD channels is just a notch below DTV but better than my local charter cable for sure! Great channel lineup, tons and tons of HD channels, the only thing it lacks is the MLB EI, NHL Center Ice and NFL Sunday Ticket but I would think that all may get added down the road maybe by the 2016 season, especially the Sunday Ticket now that they have bought DTV.

I've had UVerse Phone, Internet and TV for over two years now and I absolutely love it! I wish I could get faster speeds than 18Mbps, that's the only negative. The PQ on the HD channels is just a notch below DTV but better than my local charter cable for sure! Great channel lineup, tons and tons of HD channels, the only thing it lacks is the MLB EI, NHL Center Ice and NFL Sunday Ticket but I would think that all may get added down the road maybe by the 2016 season, especially the Sunday Ticket now that they have bought DTV.

Thanks for the feed back..

My cousin in Yukon, was convinced to switch from Direct to Uverse and the bitching hasn't stopped. Boxes suck, picture sucks. My advice would be don't do it.

Location of course, has a lot to do with it too. They live out on the edge of Yukon along the Turnpike towards Edmond.

Reactions: Poke
My cousin in Yukon, was convinced to switch from Direct to Uverse and the bitching hasn't stopped. Boxes suck, picture sucks. My advice would be don't do it.

Location of course, has a lot to do with it too. They live out on the edge of Yukon along the Turnpike towards Edmond.

Yeah like your Pete logo I'm a Cowboy Fan as well plus NCState go Pack but yeah I plan on staying with Dish I been happy with them so far.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)