Not open for further replies.

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
From www.u2.com The band has postponed the final 10 dates of their Vertigo '06 tour due to the illness of an immediate family member of one of the band members.The effected shows were scheduled for Australia,Japan and Hawaii.Further details will be announced when they become available.

steve615 said:
From www.u2.com The band has postponed the final 10 dates of their Vertigo '06 tour due to the illness of an immediate family member of one of the band members.The effected shows were scheduled for Australia,Japan and Hawaii.Further details will be announced when they become available.

That's too bad. I can't believe they are still touring. My wife and I saw them Last May in Chicago, and I think they had been at it for about 4 months when we saw them. Best show of my life! :up

I have seen them twice, once in the Dolphin stadium around '90 and again a few weeks after 9/11. At that one I was SRO against the stage so I could touch Bono I was so close. Incredible performances on both accounts but I was amazed at their love for this country. I have also been impressed with the way Bono has embraced the World leaders to push his agenda rather than fight and badmouth them

John Walsh said:
I have also been impressed with the way Bono has embraced the World leaders to push his agenda rather than fight and badmouth them

Bono is one of my idols. The people who go to Africa to "help people" and take their cameras and crew to video themselves so they will have something to give to the media should take a lesson from him.

Update from www.u2.com Bono has told Australian TV that U2 will be back in the country in November to reschedule postponed shows.There's no specific dates yet,but,the band is hoping to make an announcement very soon.Bono said it was hard to describe how bad the band felt about postponing the dates,something U2 have only ever done once before,and praised fans for their generous reaction to the sudden news.He said 'Our music does come out of a very tight community.So if one of us is going through it,we're all going through it.'He promised that the rescheduled shows would be something special.'It will be the only time,you know,we get a chance to play these songs for a long time,it will be extraordinary.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)