U203 is in my past

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HighlanderCFH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2014
Northwest Indiana
Well,

I guess I'm finished offering my comments about U203. For the second time in the past 6 months, my HWS has crashed and I received a replacement HWS this afternoon. This is my THIRD HWS in the past 14 months.

This time, it both crashed & burned after getting an HDD 311 error. It erased all of my recordings and then fried. It was reduced to just a non-recording receiver. Is there any chance that this could have been the result of my forcing the U203 download a couple months ago?

I'm guessing "no" because its performance with live and recorded material has been very choppy almost since I got it a few months ago to replace my original HWS.

The real kick is that my replacement HWS is with the old UI, so I'm now back to S529. The funny thing about this? My Super Joey, which was NOT replaced, is still showing the U203 interface even as the replacement HWS is on the 529.

Hopefully this HWS will get the CUI update at some point in the future because I don't know if I should risk doing the forced download with this replacement unit.

Is this a strange world or what???

Just curious, did your SJ eventually role back to the old interface? We had to have our Hopper with Sling replaced due to some hard drive issues, and now our Joey and SJ won't connect to the Hopper because they're still on Carbon. I don't want to force another update if I can avoid it, so I'm hoping the Joeys will eventually download the older software from the Hopper.

Hi Kyle,

There never really was any fix for the problem I had. They said that the SJ on Carbon was not compatible with a HWS on the old interface. When I forced the download of Carbon onto the HWS, the wild, unwanted recordings started up. Happened on two successive HWS's. Dish finally agreed to waive the $195 installation fee and give me a Hopper 3 and a regular Joey. That solved the problem, although the Hopper 3 has many irritating issues. But nothing as bad as what was happening with the HWS/SJ.

I hope things work out okay for you.
Chuck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts