U210 Last Night

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iadubber

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 27, 2012
Farley, Iowa, United States
I woke up to U210 software today.

Regular guide has new colors

Mini guide now works for me

Now my recordings are all screwed up. Shows I deleted earlier in the week and now showing. When I try to delete them again I get other shows that pop into the DVR that were previously deleted. Restarted the hopper and still having the problem :(

After you scan and have the channels selected make sure you hit save. Works fine for me.
I've hit save a dozen times. It pops up to confirm then it doesn't do anything. The channel is selected in the list even after I go back to the page, yet nothing in the guide and the channel isn't there if you directly punch in the full number. Note in the images the lack of 019-03 in the guide after saving.

IMG_0692.jpg IMG_0693.jpg IMG_0694.jpg

I woke up to U210 software today.

Regular guide has new colors
They just decided to make the "classic" look (pre-Carbon-UI) to be the default. Strange considering the whole point of the new UI was too give it a "modern" look. You can change it back.

Also noticed that they added "HD", "SD", and "OTA-HD" to every channel in the guide. No way this missed this - makes me think they don't care - is EVERY OTA channel is labeled "HD".

On the Joey (haven't tried on the Hopper yet), on the Diagnostics screen, I can't get to "Settings". It jumps to Status or Tools based on if I'm going up or down.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Home Media seems improved as well. I was able to play 3-4 random MP4 or MKV files. The first go-round of the new UI was unable to play any files, then an update allowed MKVs but not MP4s, and so on.

They added the word HD to the channel labels in the guide. The labels in the favorites list channel selection still don't show HD.

I got a popup asking if I wanted to stay on the cool new modern UI colors or switch back to the classic colors.

After the update, my groups of recorded shows were all jumbled up. Some episodes displayed the show name and some episodes listed the episode name. A couple days later they fixed themselves and are now in the correct order with the episode titles displayed properly. Unfortunately they are now sorted by season backward with newer episodes at the top of the list. Not a good change in my opinion.

Several deleted shows moved from the trash back into the main list but after re-deleting them, they have not come back.

Re-ordering a timer required me to back out of the timers screen then come back in to see the change.

Navigating the DVR seems pretty responsive.

Overall a pretty good update if they fixed any of the under the hood stuff.

Joey (v1) is still painfully slow. Opening the DVR menu takes 8-9 seconds to populate.

Joey (v1) is still painfully slow. Opening the DVR menu takes 8-9 seconds to populate.

Joey 1 is not supported with the Carbon UI. It is always going to be painfully slow. That's why, when I upgraded to Hopper 3, my Joeys 1s were replaced with Joey 2s as part of the process...

Okay found my first U210 issue other than the RSN guide glitch, and no PTA sharing between Hoppers.

The progress bar when viewing a recording is 100% useless.
It doesn't move.
So when your FF, you have no idea where your at based on time .
And also pressing stop is the only way to accurately stop the FF process, otherwise by just pressing play to stop FF or RR causes it to stop at a random location no where near the location requested.
And even Pressing STOP isn't accurate all the time, But it's closer than the rest.
And it doesn't matter if it's 15, 60, or 300.

I've clocked so far a 30 minute difference between the desired location, and the actual location after a RR or FF resume.

30 second skip seems to be the best work around for now.

But definitely something that should be addressed.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Joey 1 is not supported with the Carbon UI. It is always going to be painfully slow. That's why, when I upgraded to Hopper 3, my Joeys 1s were replaced with Joey 2s as part of the process...
Not true, Joey 1 is not supported by the H3.
My guess the H3 processing power is far to responsive for the already too slow Joey 1

And my Joey 1 is no slower than it was running the old UI using the H2s.
And in all honesty the New UI seems more like a color upgrade then much of anything else.

It certainly didn't improve anything to the actual function IMO over Standard "S" software.

In fact it's worse, but getting better slowly.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Joey 1 is not supported with the Carbon UI
That is incorrect. If it wasn't supported, it wouldn't install / work.

Carbon UI isn't supported on the 1st-generation Hopper, for example. It's not a case of installing it and it really, really sucks bad. It simply will not install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts